Match Thread: October 16, 2019 - Valour v York9

narduch

I know that you Valour supporters are upset with Gale but I wouldn't let him go just yet.  Take it from someone who watched TFC go through Mo, Carver, Cummins, Preki, Dasovic, Winter and Mariner in their first 6 seasons.  Being quick with the trigger when it comes to managers doesn't always turn things around.  Look at Chelsea, Man United or Milan who have run through managers at an alarming rate.  There is value in continuity.  Now that coaches know where the level of the league is there will be adjustments made.

With that said the Valour defenders seem like they just aren't up for the task (including Farago who I think is the worst starting keeper in the league).  They looked like a team that was just going through the motions in the second half last night. 

Not to complain after a 4-0 win but too much selfishness in attack from Y9.  Too many trying to be a hero instead of making a pass.  IMO Y9 didn't dominate the play the way the score indicates but they finished the chances they had.  Don't know how much they trust Adjei out there, more than a few times he was the right option and wasn't given the ball.

You've definitely seen more of Valour than I have this season and Gale could very well not be the guy for the job.  I'm just trying to be the guy on the other side who has been down that path before.  Being the first year of a league no one really knew what to expect.  You won't find any mangers saying they made a mistake assembling their squad before the season is over (if ever).  I would giving him a chance to make adjustments to the squad.

Gale is in the same boat for me as Paulus and Hart.  I expected more from the later two than I did Gale.