Sign in to follow this  
Razcal

Nations League Standings after game vs. USA

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

5 points (about;  I don't think they are on exactly the same points anymore) 

If my long unused exponential math holds up. 

interesting risk by El Salvador. Could make all the difference in the end.

bolivia appears to be slightly under ranked by FIFA relative to ELO so not a great opponent when trying to maximize points. 

3 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

5 points (about;  I don't think they are on exactly the same points anymore) 

If my long unused exponential math holds up. 

No. This El Salvador-Bolivia game is outside of the FIFA window, so the points multiplier is half that of normal friendlies.  Maybe just a couple points up for grabs.

8 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

No. This El Salvador-Bolivia game is outside of the FIFA window, so the points multiplier is half that of normal friendlies.  Maybe just a couple points up for grabs.

Cheers. 

I looked at the November date and did not bother to think about whether it was in the window.  So yeah - 2.5.

30 minutes ago, MtlMario said:

Could someone tell me how many points we lost losing to Haiti and how many we would of had with a win? Just curious.

We lost 0, because you can't lose points for a defeat in a Confederation final competition from the QF onwards. We would have gained 18 with a win.

3 hours ago, Kyle_The_Hill said:

We lost 0, because you can't lose points for a defeat in a Confederation final competition from the QF onwards. We would have gained 18 with a win.

WOW!!!! Imagine!!!!

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

I feel like the loss to Haiti wasn’t the worse thing that could have happened. We were getting cocky. Admittedly, prior to the USA game players and staff said it opened their eyes a bit and kept them more focused. 

I have made a similar point insofar as it taught us a lesson.  But I would still rather not have required the lesson, won the GC, secured a hex spot already with all those extra points, and be running around the field  bow-legged because of our giant balls.

It looks like Panama is trying to change their November 19th friendly again. It was originally against the UAE and then it was changed to Bolivia. According to the Panamanian federation's Twitter page, Bolivia requested this morning to play the match during the June 2020 window instead because of the current political protests from their recent election. The article states that Panama is still going to try and find someone to play on the 19th.

30 minutes ago, jtpc said:

It looks like Panama is trying to change their November 19th friendly again. It was originally against the UAE and then it was changed to Bolivia. According to the Panamanian federation's Twitter page, Bolivia requested this morning to play the match during the June 2020 window instead because of the current political protests from their recent election. The article states that Panama is still going to try and find someone to play on the 19th.

Yup. Bolivia's first friendly ( in Chile) was always in doubt since the protests began.

So they cancelled the friendly in Panama to go along with it. 

http://www.efe.com/efe/america/deportes/bolivia-suspende-los-amistosos-que-tenia-previstos-con-chile-y-panama/20000010-4103785

http://www.elgrafico.com/futbol/La-seleccion-de-El-Salvador-no-tendra-microciclos-ni-amistosos-para-juegos-de-Liga-de-Naciones-20191104-0010.html

and Bolivia's friendly vs El Salvador is also cancelled:

http://www.elsalvador.com/deportes/selecciones/cancelado-amistoso-de-la-selecta-ante-bolivia-en-estados-unidos/651797/2019/