Match Thread: October 12, 2019 - York9 v Forge

narduch

Forge are lining up like this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------Roberts

Cela-----------------Krutzen----------------------------------------------------------Owundi-----------------------------Mohsen

--------------------------------------------------------------------Jonsson

---------------------Bekker----------------------------------------------------------------------------Cisse

---------------------------Nanco--------------------------Zajac-----------------------------------Choiniere

Forge fans are in the main stand this time rather than the far side bleachers and it wasn't exactly packed at what should have been the kick off time, so I think that puts to rest any idea that having York U students around helps.

York-v-Forge.png

{Image accessed from Onesoccer's twitter account, so in the public domain}

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Forge not looking very cohesive at all, squad rotation and lots of travel will do that, take nothing away from York9, they were by far the better team in the 1st half! I suspect there will be more rotation by Forge on Wednesday, I hope momentum hasn't been lost and the 11 Bobby picks can turn it up for the finals! Forge's 2 young fullbacks are struggling to deal with Y9's speed on the outside, none of the forwards have impressed so far and this is their chance!

50 minutes ago, Lofty said:

If anyone has video of fat security guards made to look silly, please share!

My brother might have gotten a quick video but there wasn’t really an attempt to catch them. When they were climbing the fence I could see security finally go up to them but they were already over the fence. 

16 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Yikes. Forge have handed the fall and regular season titles to Cavalry, and they’re limping into the championship matches. If they don’t win, you have to question this strategy 

Caught the last 60 and man, Forge not looking good at all.  York thoroughly enjoying themselves, JB must be pleased but like Valour and others, its all coming together with too little road left.  Still, going to be a fun week, playoffs or no,    Pacific still in the hunt, Eddies and Wanderers with opportunities to play spoiler.  Small consolation for their fans but better than nothing. 

Loads of footie this week.  Wonderful. 

Edited by Cheeta

3 hours ago, Kent said:

Outstanding game by York 9. I know Forge weren’t playing all their starters, but it will be interesting to see how teams do next year with a season under their belts. Maybe it won’t be a runaway like this year.

I think things will be much more competetive next season from top to bottom because of just that, as has been discussed Forge and Cavalry had a bit of a head start and came into the league  better prepared from their coaches' involvement in academies and lower league teams! It could be very different next season especially with Forge and Cavalry likely to lose key players! This is why Forge better win the Championship this year!😀

On 10/12/2019 at 12:47 PM, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Forge fans are in the main stand this time rather than the far side bleachers and it wasn't exactly packed at what should have been the kick off time, so I think that puts to rest any idea that having York U students around helps.

York-v-Forge.png

{Image accessed from Onesoccer's twitter account, so in the public domain}

Many don't arrive until game has started, pics at kickoff aren't really meaningful, need one 30 minutes in when everyone has arrived.

I did see a crowd shot further in during the game and no doubt the long weekend accounted for more no shows however.

4 hours ago, CDNFootballer said:

Many don't arrive until game has started, pics at kickoff aren't really meaningful, need one 30 minutes in when everyone has arrived.

I did see a crowd shot further in during the game and no doubt the long weekend accounted for more no shows however.

This game was supposed to be played August 28th but was postponed for Forge's long run in CONCACAF play.  

I don't know that the team has reached out to students...excuse was months ago that it was the summer and students were gone.   I don't know what they've done student wise the last two months.

Alumni Stadium had women's field hockey taking place.    

Next week could be interesting.  SSH are supposed to be able to get four bonus tickets for the home finale.   Toronto FC have earned a playoff home game which just happens to be Saturday.   Surprised they moved it from Noon to 6:00pm because of fan displeasure but York game is at 1:30pm so some could do the jump on the subway to catch the TFC game after York.