Sign in to follow this  
narduch

Match Thread: October 9, 2019 - Cavalry v Forge

Speaking of meaningless matches... 😂

If the league intends to persist with this Apertura/Clausura format they really need to initiate proper recognition for the winners of each season. Did Cavalry even get a presentation, never mind a trophy, for winning the Spring Season? If not, that is a massive FAIL. Ditto for the Fall Season champs.

I don't see this as meaningless, I think both teams want to win the Fall championship; I'm going to the game in Hamilton on the 16th, hoping it decides the fall title.

48 minutes ago, SadOnMondays said:

I don't see this as meaningless, I think both teams want to win the Fall championship; I'm going to the game in Hamilton on the 16th, hoping it decides the fall title.

Fair enough, but how do you think the players feel? Will anyone with three yellows play? Suspension would begin on 23rd Oct -- for the final. Will players tackle hard and risk injury or just go through the motions? Will the coaches play their best team and try to win or just make sure everybody gets enough minutes to be match fit and sharp for the final?

You are a fan like me and care who wins just like I would. But for the managers and players, who will do the sensible thing, this match will be a glorified friendly.

Where the heck is Borges? The league's leading scorer not starting? Or even on the bench?! This is his chance to cement his hold on the Golden Boot!

The cynic in me says that he must be on three yellows and doesn't want to be suspended in the Championship Matches.

Just another problem with playoffs is that not all matches are created equal.