Match Thread: October 6, 2019 - Forge FC v York9

narduch

Well, that was a rather uninspired / uninspiring match for Forge. Happy about the win, and last play penalty miss. But, not the most entertaining match. Mohsen did not have a good game so was happy he was subbed for Nanco. One thing I noticed about Mohsen was every time he made a bad pass or lost the ball he'd put his head down. He needs to learn to just keep working and not get down on himself. York really does seem like a bunch of  whiners. Great work by the BSB yet again, but if it's one of you with the whistle, please ditch it for the remaining matches. I don't know if the league can fine a club for whistles in the stands and I don't want to find out.

Also, really hope Edgar is not hurt badly. Seemed like a groin strain but was able to continue on the pitch (Forge already made 3 subs).

Edited by RickC

Oct 6/19  All the audio from the post game interviews with York 9 FC head coach Jimmy Brennan

Forge FC head coach Bobby Smyrniotis, goalie Quillan Roberts, and midfielder Tristan Borges

on my site at: http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports19/19york162.htm

surprised I was here but came for League 1 Ontario awards lunch held a few hours before the game.  

That first penalty is probably the harshest I have ever seen. Too bad for York. They had the chance at the end though and blew it. 

Europe or MLS for Borges? Do TFC have first option on him in MLS from the youth history? Shame he couldn't stay and be the poster boy for CPL season two. If he is moving though it means he is moving up to a bigger platform and while it sucks for us watching the league its what the league is there for!