Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Match Thread: Oct 5, 2019 - Valour vs. Edmonton

15 hours ago, Aird25 said:

If you combined the distance of all Ongaro’s goals, it still wouldn’t be outside the 18

The more I see of the man the more I want him in a Valour kit.  Him and Didic would completely transform this team in a very positive way.  And not just because they're giants. But that helps.

11 hours ago, Lofty said:

Valour MOTM: Skylar Thomas

I suspect many would give it to Musse and so would I except for that uncompromising performance from Thomas in the centre of the back three. Continually pressuring his man, getting in tackles, and winning headers. I wish he would play like that every week. 

Agree that Thomas had another strong game, though you know that I think he has usually done well when not partnered with Murrell, especially in the second half of the season. Wasn't Mitter in the middle of the back three, though, until his injury?

Re: Bustos vs Petrasso on the penalty

• Bustos earned the penalty
  • Bustos also has a 100% record on penalties
  • Petrasso was the guy for penalties earlier in the year, but several of those were before Bustos had joined the team.

I recall at least one of Petrasso's penalties was almost saved, and sending the keeper the wrong way is as important as placement. I'm just happy someone put it away, as Edmonton was coming on at that point in the match.

I know Petrasso has struggled with injuries, but even with his complete one-footedness, I feel like Bustos has been a more important attacking player than Petrasso in the fall season.

11 hours ago, Lofty said:

Valour MOTM: Skylar Thomas

I suspect many would give it to Musse and so would I except for that uncompromising performance from Thomas in the centre of the back three. Continually pressuring his man, getting in tackles, and winning headers. I wish he would play like that every week. 

Best match by both men I thought, Moose maybe remembering running matters and Skylar finding his confidence more and more each match but... Carreiro has been really arcing upward this fall season.  A lot of good things coming off of his work in the middle there at both ends of the pitch.  Too bad we're running out of season. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, jonovision said:

Agree that Thomas had another strong game, though you know that I think he has usually done well when not partnered with Murrell, especially in the second half of the season. Wasn't Mitter in the middle of the back three, though, until his injury?

Yes, Mitter was actually in the middle. I guess I was thinking of many somewhat central tackles, pressures, and headers made by Thomas.

Edited by Lofty