CPL Disappointing XI

nolando

11 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

John Herdman obviously doesn't see things the way I do:

prg55luz0yp31.png

I think he's disappointing because he looks capable of more than he delivers if he could eliminate the howlers like Saturday's own goal.

It's really easy to pick apart defenders on single moments. But in that instance, Didic was actually defending the center on the 6 yard box. But FC Edmonton did not have a capable defender on the front post area, so Didic had to move backward to cover an area he shouldn't have had to. 

A lot of Didic's mistakes have actually been a result of other players mistakes pulling Didic into situations he shouldn't have to be in. Of course, we have that same problem with the national team: weak fullbacks.

4 hours ago, BFBF said:

....It's really easy to pick apart defenders on single moments....

Worth noting I put him into that list before the miscue against Halifax. If Herdman was concerned about actually having to use somebody against the USMNT I suspect he would have picked Trafford or Edgar. This is maybe more with an eye to the future if he puts all the pieces together and lives up to the potential that got him a Sporting Kansas City contract. Trafford and Edgar are not likely to be viable options two years from now.

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

Always though that Hoyle's history seemed to be at a very low level given the way Valour pumped him up to be a prime signing for the team. Ditto Adjei - that was some seriously amateur football he was playing in Sweden.

I did think Farago would do better but I guess that's why he only last three games in Ireland.

Edited by The Real Marc

I thought Roberts and Choiniere would be better (or more important at least) for Forge.  

Edwini Bonsu, Haber, Cox, Gutierrez, Issey, Tchani were all disappointing.  

Its been refreshing and surprising to see the young Canadians stepping up in lieu of some of these players.  

I don't think professional soccer has ever been Nakajima-Farran's first love.  I have heard this from others closer to the situation, as well.  I like his talents but I don't think he ever burned with the kind of passion you need to succeed at a significant level.  At one time I thought he'd be a better prospect than his current boss, Josh Simpson, but Simpson just worked harder, wanted it more, and became, prior to career ending injury, one of our top NT performers.