Olympique_de_Marseille

USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

8 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

I'm not using a VPN. I keep getting the error message that the promotion is not available. I'll try again now on my desktop to see if that makes some kind of difference. 

Do you get this error when following the link directly from the Facebook page?  

On 10/26/2019 at 12:13 AM, RyanP_Hockey said:

Thanks for having me!  Hope for the win in Orlando!  I'm going to try and secure a parking spot in a surface lot and set up a poutine tailgate

Welcome to the board Ryan, as long as you acknowledge your UCF Knights are not nearly as good as they think they are because of a weak schedule we will get along fine!😁

1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Dest committed to the US today. Will likely be cap tied against us in November. 

Thats just weird, and it sucks!  

An in form Dest, Pulisic beaming with new found confidence..... not what we need.

At least Bernhalter is still there to mess the system up.

Just now, costarg said:

Thats just weird, and it sucks!  

An in form Dest, Pulisic beaming with new found confidence..... not what we need.

At least Bernhalter is still there to mess the system up.

Berhalter just released this apology letter lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/AmericanOutlaws/status/1188850780926693376

Honestly, they are in shambles and will be fighting for their lives against us. Im quite worried they come out on fire and just run us off the pitch. I think anything less than a dominant win will be seen as a failure in their eyes. 

1 hour ago, TOCanada115 said:

Really? What changed? He’s 18, and said no last month. He couldn’t wait a few more months?

That's what I'm wondering too... is he just keeping up appearances with the USMNT?  He could easily turn down a call in November and then walk into 2020 friendlies and Olympic qualifying without being cap-tied.  That would actually be a sneakily good plan. 

It just doesn't make sense to cap tie himself at this moment.

7 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Honestly, they are in shambles and will be fighting for their lives against us. Im quite worried they come out on fire and just run us off the pitch. I think anything less than a dominant win will be seen as a failure in their eyes. 

They will come out on fire, guaranteed.  But if we match that intensity no one is going to dominate this game.. our team will be extremely comfortable playing in an MLS stadium in November.  

I love this line though: "Maybe it was anger after conceding the late goal..."

You lost by TWO!  Why would you be angry at an insurance goal as opposed to the winner?  Also, did anyone see the Herdman press conference when he's told that Berhalter thought we were playing some formation that we were not... Herdman looks confused as hell and goes "we were playing a 4-2-2-2 box?..."  Hilarious for an opposing manager to not even know what formation he was facing.

Edited by CanadaFan123

They have some positive momentum now that Pulisic is finding form and Dest committing, but if we jump out to an early lead all of that momentum will evaporate very rapidly. The first 20 minutes of this game will be absolutely critical.

All of the pressure is still on them. We have our own internal pressure, but they are the home team who is expected to win and who need to win.

They'll take a page out of our book and play with intensity, so we must match that. I am a little concerned we won't be be able to match the fire we came out with last match. It was at home and we had not defeated the US in 34 years. Can't use that as motivation now. Can we match that emotional high?

That said, if anyone can light that fire under our team, it is Herdman.

Edited by Obinna

If there was any game that an early goal would be huge, it’s this one. Could break their spirits, and the intensity could take a hit, with the “here we go again” mentality kick in for them. 

dest wasnt good against mexico and pulisic wasnt good against us..if we play the same way we have a good chance of beating them..their pool is at a low point currently and their coach is awful

Canada's motivation should come from the lack of respect that anyone south of the border showed them for their efforts last time.  US expected to win handily last time that remains their expectation this time.  

All the narrative from the US is going this.

Last time the US blew it, Canada was lucky.  This time will be different because their world class players can't be beat at home by a group of MLS rotational guys and Sunday leaguers.  On top of that, their best players that missed last time will be back.  Pulisic is amazing and now they have Dest.  It'll be 8-0 US if Canada is lucky.

25 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Dest:

"release an apology letter and I'll commit to the USMNT..."

We played an incredible game on Oct 15th at BMO; certainly the best performance under Herdman. Do we have another gear to get a result in Orlando? One thing for sure ...Herdman has intestinal fortitude by playing Fraser...a gutsy move with vets on the bench. I hope he can pull another one or two off in Orlando.

I don't think it will be hard to get the boys fired up.  This game could pretty much singlehandedly get us into the hex.  All the US rivalry aside, I can't think of a better motivation for the team.  We have the Haiti experince to draw on in terms of the danger of letting our guard down and we have the precedent of now beating the US in the modern era to show our boys we can absolutely compete.

I have no doubt whatsoever that the US will come roaring out of the gates.  They will want to put us under pressure early and break us.  Disciplined defending will be required for sure.

Damn I am looking forward to this game.    

5 hours ago, sstackho said:

Do you get this error when following the link directly from the Facebook page?  

I don’t have Facebook. I just clicked on the link posted in this forum... not sure what to do now! This is all so unnecessarily complex 😕 they should just let me buy tickets on my ticketmaster app, choosing a section called ‘Canada supporters’ or something like that. 

4 hours ago, TOCanada115 said:

Really? What changed? He’s 18, and said no last month. He couldn’t wait a few more months?

An official from the El Salvador FA holding a large bag was seen talking to Dest after a recent Ajax practice

37 minutes ago, Ams1984 said:

I don’t have Facebook. 

I don’t use Facebook, but I registered a Facebook account using a fake name and disposable email address (probably 10minutemail.com).  It made life easier since there are various web things that go through Facebook (like this).  

An in-form Pulisic and Dest committing, plus the possible addition of Adams (if healthy) are huge additions for the States. Not to mention their motivation playing at home after losing to an "inferior" team.

This will be a fascinating match to watch. I still believe in Canada's talent, but this will be a huge challenge. It will be interesting to see how big a favourite the USA will be!

Canada only motivation should be  the lack of respect they gave us after the win who cares if they  have some new editions that's part of the game my concern will be the bias reffing that will occur . 

Edited by gigi riva

57 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44 said:

An in-form Pulisic and Dest committing, plus the possible addition of Adams (if healthy) are huge additions for the States. Not to mention their motivation playing at home after losing to an "inferior" team.

This will be a fascinating match to watch. I still believe in Canada's talent, but this will be a huge challenge. It will be interesting to see how big a favourite the USA will be!

Their best CB Brooks looks like he’s healthy and playing again too. Not sure if Adams will be ready for 3 weeks out though?

regardless -  I agree with you. A result would certainly be amongst our most impressive results ever IMO.

We should be expecting to compete with the US.  Motivation if needed was provided by the response after our last win. And according to the ELO rankings the US is at 43 and we are at 53.  (for point of reference Mex is 16, Costa R 48,and Honduras 52.  Jamaica rounds out the top 6 at 60th).  According to the mathematical minds we are definitely capable of competing with every team in Concacaf.  I think most of us with the eye test would concur with that finding as well.  Of course going to the US and getting a result would be tremendous, but no longer is the possibility of that outrageous.  We should expect to compete with them and our expectation should be nothing less than a draw.

I think we can get road goals with D & D.  Injuries aside, will Herdman go with the same starters, notably in the back?

I expect the team to be well prepared but at the end of the day I hope we continue to be tough to beat. No bed sh*tting.