Jump to content

USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Proposal 1: The Phonzie Flu, as recently coined by someone on here could use the short form "Phlu". Proposal 2: Presumably Pulisic doesn't have the Phlu. It was Laryea who shut him down, so I thi

Been lurking this forum way too long, need to add my 2 (3? 4? 10?) cents on a frustrating night which left me with a lot to think about. Be warned this becomes more and more of a rant, especially the

I remember a few occasions  where all we needed to do was go somewhere  and not lose. They generally don't work out too well for us.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Cblake said:

You do realise that is the American Outlaws tailgate? May want to find somewhere else. 

Yup. I chatted with the event organizer on Facebook and we are apparently “more than welcome” to join. (Of course, that was before 2-0!)

I’ll be there and look forward to meeting some USMNT supporters, and hopefully some of you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sstackho said:

Yup. I chatted with the event organizer on Facebook and we are apparently “more than welcome” to join. (Of course, that was before 2-0!)

I’ll be there and look forward to meeting some USMNT supporters, and hopefully some of you. 

Absolutely , I am always for everyone coming together. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Olympique_de_Marseille said:

I'm in. Flights booked.  @JamboAl is booked.  @trc2014 is booked. @sstackho is in. @flexfox is in.

 

@admin have you booked? Can we bring the V's banner?

Role call:

@Acid-Tone  & @Cblake have booked I think....

@apbsmith ?

@hamiltonfan ?

@Califax ?

Will be hunting for flights next week or the following. A few items I’ll need to clear with work first to try to extend the trip a few days

Link to post
Share on other sites

As good as our game was, there are still certain things we need to make sure in Orlando.

It's good to be aggressive, but at times they were a little to aggressive in area's/situations that really didn't call for it. Piette played well, but watching the match again, he ran after Bradley multiple times carelessly and was exposed with a dangerous pass because of it. David or Davies (assuming we play same formation) also need to help close down Bradley when he's deep. His long diagonal passes were the biggest threat to us, since this formation left a lot of space out wide.

If Canada marks Bradley out of the game, and quickly cover the wide areas, I really think we can get a result again. I don't think the States have enough creativity to go through the middle, especially with the way we packed it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it too early to start talking formation???

I doubt Herdman sticks to the same plan.  I'd bet we go with a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 on the road.  Lets us clog up the midfield and play wide at the same time.  Also permits flexibility with Laryea and Miller, we can easily switch to 4 at the back if needed on the fly.

Only question is do we go with Henry or Miller?  Can Henry keep his cool while defending Altidore dark soccer tactics?  Any Whitecap or TFC fans who remember how that head to head match up has fared in the past?

--------------Cavallini - David
Davies - Kaye - Piette - Arfield - Laryea
Henry or Miller - Vitoria - Cornelius

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, costarg said:

Is it too early to start talking formation???

I doubt Herdman sticks to the same plan.  I'd bet we go with a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3 on the road.  Lets us clog up the midfield and play wide at the same time.  Also permits flexibility with Laryea and Miller, we can easily switch to 4 at the back if needed on the fly.

Only question is do we go with Henry or Miller?  Can Henry keep his cool while defending Altidore dark soccer tactics?  Any Whitecap or TFC fans who remember how that head to head match up has fared in the past?

--------------Cavallini - David
Davies - Kaye - Piette - Arfield - Laryea
Henry or Miller - Vitoria - Cornelius


I agree he might want to change up what we did. I think if Atiba is healthy and playing (which he seems to be), I’d start him in Kaye spot. Everything else I’d keep the same, maybe switching formation up if you want to get the states guessing. 
 

Cavallini, Hoilett, and Kaye or Eustáquio off the bench. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure a 36 year old Hutch walks into our starting lineup. I have Kaye over him if healthy. Kaye has been there for all our camps, there is something to be said for continuity. 

Furthermore, our game is in the middle of the November 11 to 19th international break as opposed to the end of the October break giving even less time for new players to be introduced and integrated into Herdmans system. 

Edited by king1010
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, king1010 said:

I'm not sure a 36 year old Hutch walks into our starting lineup. I have Kaye over him if healthy. Kaye has been there for all our camps, there is something to be said for continuity. 

Furthermore, our game is in the middle of the November 11 to 19th international break as opposed to the end of the October break giving even less time for new players to be introduced and integrated into Herdmans system. 

The way Herdman spoke about not being able to get Hutchinson to come back for that game sounded like he was going to start. And as old as he is, against Mexico, and against Haiti, he was our best midfielder. I think it says something that Besiktas threw him right back into the starting 11 after being out with an injury for over a month. He’s got a couple good years in him still. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I will be in Orlando for 2 nights - the 14th and 15th.  If anyone wants to split accommodations, I would be up for it, have passable personal hygiene, and promise to keep my hands to myself.

For the night of the 15th , I'm down.

@apbsmith @Acid-Tone are you guys also still down to split accommodations? Are you going?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TOCanada115 said:

The way Herdman spoke about not being able to get Hutchinson to come back for that game sounded like he was going to start. And as old as he is, against Mexico, and against Haiti, he was our best midfielder. I think it says something that Besiktas threw him right back into the starting 11 after being out with an injury for over a month. He’s got a couple good years in him still. 

Fair. We'll see how things play out in the next couple weeks. 

Given Herdman couldn't get Hutch to commit for this past game, is there any indication he would be able to get him to comitt for this game? Would Teibert be the odd man out? Can't see Fraser or Eustaquio getting dropped. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, king1010 said:

Fair. We'll see how things play out in the next couple weeks. 

Given Herdman couldn't get Hutch to commit for this past game, is there any indication he would be able to get him to comitt for this game? Would Teibert be the odd man out? Can't see Fraser or Eustaquio getting dropped. 

Apparently the reason why he didn’t come was cause he had just got back from injury, and it would have been taxing on his body to travel here to play and travel back. He also wanted to gain his spot back in the starting 11. Herdman stated he really wanted to come, but he needs to listen to his body. I think he comes for this one. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TOCanada115 said:

Apparently the reason why he didn’t come was cause he had just got back from injury, and it would have been taxing on his body to travel here to play and travel back. He also wanted to gain his spot back in the starting 11. Herdman stated he really wanted to come, but he needs to listen to his body. I think he comes for this one. 

Who do you see us dropping in the mid? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, king1010 said:

Who do you see us dropping in the mid? 

Kaye or Piette, but the way Piette played against the states, there is no way Herdman would take him out of the lineup. Now if Kaye has a playoff run to remember with LAFC, then maybe Herdman goes back to Kaye. But honestly, every time Atiba plays in a big match for Canada, he’s always been money for me. 
 

the good need is we only need to wait 2-3 weeks  to find out if Atiba is in the 23

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, costarg said:

Can Henry keep his cool while defending Altidore dark soccer tactics?  Any Whitecap or TFC fans who remember how that head to head match up has fared in the past?

Not good for Henry. Doneil didn't play in the only game between the teams this year, but in 2018 he had it rough in all three games they met.

Aug. 8 (V Cup): Henry scores an own goal at 90+6' to give TFC a 2-2 draw in Vancouver.

Aug. 15 (V Cup): Henry goes 90 against Altidore in second leg of the final. Altidore scores a hat trick in a 5-2 win (7-4 agg) for TFC.

Oct. 6 (MLS): Henry's handball in the box results in Altidore PK goal.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...