USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

We seem disconnected, in general. US goals have come on our mistakes, otherwise they are looking mostly meh. One of my hopes for this game was to see a cohesive effort, but we are not seeing the cohesion that we need.  The US have been clinical with their chances, all of which we've gifted them. You just can't do that at this level.  I expect a better second half, but this one is probably out of reach.

Just now, Lofty said:

Am I the only one who STILL doesn't think this is over? Long shot for sure but for my money Canada have outplayed the US but the US have been clinical in front of goal and taken advantage of Canada's useless central defence.

The better team can always come back.

Dude, I like your optimism.... but on no planet in this galaxy have we outplayed anyone.

Just now, Lofty said:

Am I the only one who STILL doesn't think this is over? Long shot for sure but for my money Canada have outplayed the US but the US have been clinical in front of goal and taken advantage of Canada's useless central defence.

If they scored to make it 4-0 it would be way over but I'm not willing to call it. If we don't make changes though it's already over 

3 minutes ago, SoccMan said:

What game are you watching?

The same one. 

Vitoria made a challenge that he couldn't make(leaping for the fracking header), when doneil was pointing him down, the third he was outta position. Or you'll say it was Doniels man? Foh

Watch the highlights, and tell me what game are you watching. 

I have to agree. Doneil has not been good on the ball but I've seen more of Vitoria & Davies at fault for the goals.  Even Borjan.

The only time I even saw David was on his laziness on the first goal.  At least Davies has been somewhat dangerous going forward.

Edited by Corazon

2 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I think the game may be just out of reach at three, but I agree that the U.S. have capitalized on their chances. That first goal really frazzled Canada, I'm afraid, and they've been playing on the back foot ever since. Our offence is way better than what's on display today. They're just shellshocked because of goals conceded as a result of atrocious defending. 

Kind of annoying 2/3 US goals came off a set piece. 

We have looked very suspect at the back overall, not gonna lie. 

John Brooks is annoying but good, def a defensive upgrade for them. 

I think we can make it a game, should be super wide open now. Let's hope for a better result this 2nd half.

6 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Nope, I am with you. All it takes is one goal to get things going again. The boys have to settle down. This is a good test for us, let's see how we do in the second half.

Davies is an attacking defender.  For Bayern it's great because they dominate possession and have really good wingers ahead of him. For Canada we play an attacking fullback who's our best attacking threat in a game where we should be generally soaking up pressure and countering, he's playing high to try and get in the ball in attacking areas and is barely involved. Playing Miller who will stay home makes a lot more sense then try to get Davies into space, but nah herdman I'm important games takes our biggest threat and moves him back out of dangerous areas to play no players who really thrive counter attacking and stretching a defense. 

This is just embarrassing, it feels like we’re going to make a defensive mistake every time they go forward. 

After conceding the first (after everyone fell asleep on their goal) I thought we had a stretch where we did start looking like the better team, it all went downhill after the no call on the penalty.

We only have ourselves to blame here but the fact that they’re getting every call and we’re getting NOTHING is making this 10x more stressful. I’d be way less pissed off if the reffing was better. At this point let’s please just show some pride.