Olympique_de_Marseille

USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

This is the perfect scenario for Canada to bury the yanks.  If we set up a solid press and close down space in midfield they will make mistakes trying to play out, they don't have the talent on the ball to do it well and it will open up space for guys like Davies and David to exploit.  We get a goal and/or frustrate them they will over commit and play into our hands, Canada has all the momentum and confidence and is a better side then this current US team who has heaped pressure on itself and doesn't seem to be bought into what the coach is doing.  

3 hours ago, JamboAl said:

Just arrived in Orlando...going to Disney tomorrow!  Woo hoo!  Oh yeah, there is also a game on Friday right?   🙂

See you Thursday.

Wanna scout some pre game bars?

8 minutes ago, admin said:

See you Thursday.

Wanna scout some pre game bars?

I will go for a drive into downtown Orlando perhaps tonight and scout places out.

Didn’t know you were coming as well.

Edited by JamboAl

12 hours ago, narduch said:

Sorry if I missed it but Pulisic is confirmed out.

Looks like Berhalter is going to get Dale Mitcheled.

Chelsea and the U.S don't want his form to go south after spending a game in Laryea or Davies pocket 😢

15 hours ago, villus said:

This is the perfect scenario for Canada to bury the yanks.  If we set up a solid press and close down space in midfield they will make mistakes trying to play out, they don't have the talent on the ball to do it well and it will open up space for guys like Davies and David to exploit.  We get a goal and/or frustrate them they will over commit and play into our hands, Canada has all the momentum and confidence and is a better side then this current US team who has heaped pressure on itself and doesn't seem to be bought into what the coach is doing.  

It is shaping up to be one of those games that could be about so much more than just Friday's results.  They always are but this contest feels different.  About setting the pychology between these two teams going into next year.  Seriously.  Make it all go from bad to worse for them and their program.

If they're down kick 'em.  Kick 'em long and kick 'em hard.   Every hoof and stomp is an investment in future contests.  Put a licking into them so bad they won't even THINK about getting back up until well into the later half of '22.  And then, maybe.  If the coast is clear.

Don't even have to run up the score.  Just need to show them who's the boss.  A-gin.

Edited by Cheeta

2 hours ago, Cheeta said:

It is shaping up to be one of those games that could be about so much more than just Friday's results.  They always are but this contest feels different.  About setting the pychology between these two teams going into next year.  Seriously.  Make it all go from bad to worse for them and their program.

If they're down kick 'em.  Kick 'em long and kick 'em hard.   Every hoof and stomp is an investment in future contests.  Put a licking into them so bad they won't even THINK about getting back up until well into the later half of '22.  And then, maybe.  If the coast is clear.

Don't even have to run up the score.  Just need to show them who's the boss.  A-gin.

I think psychologically its really important for us to get over the hump mentally and realize we can now compete with everyone in concacaf, kicking the US while they are down and keeping their program on the struggle bus is also great for us but in an ideal world we beat them but not so bad that they fire Berhalter.  He's really holding them back, he's trying to apply good ideas in theory but doesn't have the ability to do it well and they're going to likely continue to struggle with him in charge.  Either way we worry about ourselves, and I think a good performance here will really propel us forward, as a group with all the young guys who are doing really well the team has a great chance to grow and gel and really bond.  This team has the chance to be special, hopefully we seize the opportunity.  

Is it Friday yet?

Wish I could be there, wife away so I'm on full time Daddy Duties with the kiddos. She did promise multiple Canada away trips as a result. 

Maaaaaaan trying not to be overly excited about this, but it's so hard not to be. Just want the boys to show that same fight and composure, I know they can do it. 

My worry is that we won't have the consistency to build on last performance.  I have faith in Herdman but it's just Canada.. I can't remember us ever coming off a good performance and not having a letdown next game.  The one time I can think of was beating Jamaica and El Salvador in 2009 at the Gold Cup.  

5 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

My worry is that we won't have the consistency to build on last performance.  I have faith in Herdman but it's just Canada.. I can't remember us ever coming off a good performance and not having a letdown next game.  The one time I can think of was beating Jamaica and El Salvador in 2009 at the Gold Cup.  

At the risk of jinxing it, I truly feel that the past is not an indication of what we can do going forward. People can talk about our underwhelming history but that was a different team with different players.  Right now we have a bunch of young, excited guys who aren't going to be shackled  by the disappointments of the past. 

If nothing else, I think the loss against Haiti will drive home the need to avoid complacency.  Every single game for us is now crucial in getting to Qatar.  I think Herdamn will have the guys tuned up for another big performance.

12 minutes ago, Chad_Impact said:

The way we've been playing, we could definitely give Peru a game.  Peru is in a transition right now, they've not settled on a starting 11 and are still trying things out.  Peru is 19th overall (USA is 23rd), so even a tie would be around 3 points, not bad.  However it seems like the CSA wants to see how the rankings settle after this window before making a move with friendlies.  Which is fine.  As of right now, we are in a good position, we don't need to risk points by playing friendlies.

3 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

At the risk of jinxing it, I truly feel that the past is not an indication of what we can do going forward. People can talk about our underwhelming history but that was a different team with different players.  Right now we have a bunch of young, excited guys who aren't going to be shackled  by the disappointments of the past. 

If nothing else, I think the loss against Haiti will drive home the need to avoid complacency.  Every single game for us is now crucial in getting to Qatar.  I think Herdamn will have the guys tuned up for another big performance.

Also we have guys like David, Davies, Cavallini and Arfield who always bring it at a higher level, they represent consistency. They bring that on the pitch and elevate the rest of the guys forcing them to push harder.

That kind of leadership was seriously lacking in the past, not his time around.

David and Davies will drive the attack, Arfield-Osorio-Piette will push at midfield and Borjan will give the "i'll kill you if you F'up" look at our defense. This should inspire defense to repeat

Wonder what the line up will look like. For me:

Borjan 

Layrea-Cornelius-Vitoria-Davies

Arfield-Kaye-Piette-Hoilett

David-Cavalini

For defense, I have always hated having Davies on D, but it does solve a lot of problems for us. He has been proven to shut down world class players, he wouldn't need to adjust to what he has been doing, gives flexibility to allow him to move up to the wing if needed, and it gets more of our best players on the field. I also liked what I saw from our CBS last game so no need to move Henry in there.

For forward/mid, Osorio is the odd man out, but I could see him starting in either Hoilett or Cavs spot. I have never watched Eustaqio play, but by accounts he is similar to Kaye. If we had 2 mids who were great box to box I would put them both in and leave out Piette. David could also drop back into mid and play a 4-5-1. We can't defend the entire game so I want Cav to be a hold up forward.

It's a good thing Hutch isn't here, because I don't know where I would put him. It would be awesome fr us if he could give rb a try again like he did a bit for PSV.

I think it will be the same starting XI as in October except this:

Hoilett comes in for Miller. That means that Davies is at left back and Hoilett plays as a roaming player. 

So it looks something like that. 

Borjan
          Vitória   Cornelius
  Layrea  Piette Kaye Davies
          Arfield Osorio
                Hoilett
                 David

Hoilett will be a huge asset in an away game like this.  He knows how to slow down the play in the final third, kill time, and most importantly draw fouls.  

I wouldn't play Davies at LB, except against Mexico.  We need him closer to their net.  I don't think Laryea or Miller will be too intimidated by Arriola and Morris.

I expect us to stick with the box midfield.  It works with an away game like this perfectly. 

16 minutes ago, Blackdude said:

I think it will be the same starting XI as in October except this:

Hoilett comes in for Miller. That means that Davies is at left back and Hoilett plays as a roaming player. 

So it looks something like that. 

Borjan
          Vitória   Cornelius
  Layrea  Piette Kaye Davies
          Arfield Osorio
                Hoilett
                 David

I think Cavallini could be the sub for David in that set up. Millar as the sub for Hoilett. Plus you always have the option of bringing on Miller and giving Davies a spin up top.

I agree with Cornelius starting 100%, only reason I have Henry as starting CB in 90% of those lineups is because I know JH is really high on Doneil in both is play and leadership. There is also no reason to leave Vitoria off it due to recent form. A good dilemma for us to be in I would say 

Edited by N1ckbr0wn