Jump to content
Olympique_de_Marseille

USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

Recommended Posts

22 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Apparently only 8,000 tickets have been sold so far. Maybe it gets up to 12k or so but there isnt much interest in the matchI guess

Fans are pretty pissed at the USF right now too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, king1010 said:

Fans are pretty pissed at the USF right now too. 

That plays into it as well as the fact that Canada isn’t a marquee / name opponent and that there isn’t much awareness or caring about Nations League.

regardles this won’t exactly be San pedro sula- sweltering heat with a huge / intimidating crowd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Man oh man, the vitriol out there on twitter is intense! 

 

The crowd could turn quick on them if we get a lead.

Hopefully the next time our best player gets an early breakaway the flag doesn't wrongfully go up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Floortom said:

Apparently only 8,000 tickets have been sold so far. Maybe it gets up to 12k or so but there isnt much interest in the matchI guess

This got me curious so I looked up their home game against Cuba. There were nearly 14k fans at that game.

Edited by Kent
Grammar was weird and maybe wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

What if with Davies recent run of starts with Bayern they want him to stay in Germany?  I'm getting this really paranoid feeling... 

 Not a chance.  This is the biggest game Canada has played in a long time.  It is an international window and a FIFA sanctioned competition relevant to WCQ.  There is no way clubs can prevent the release of healthy players. And Phonzie will want or play in this one - badly.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

 Not a chance.  This is the biggest game Canada has played in a long time.  It is an international window and a FIFA sanctioned competition relevant to WCQ.  There is no way clubs can prevent the release of healthy players. And Phonzie will want or play in this one - badly.  

But Bayern are in the midst of an injury crisis, to the point they are playing David Alaba at centre back (and Davies at LB). It sounds surreal to say it, but if Bayern lose Davies to injury they are toast in the short term. Alaba would have to return to LB and Mai or possibly even Chris Richards would have to step up from the second team and fill in the centre back spot.

I wouldn't put it past Bayern to pull out all the stops to prevent Davies from playing, but you are absolutely correct sir. This is our biggest game and they cannot legally hold Davies back.

Edited by Obinna

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anybody else get the feeling if it’s not dropped at 12noon EST/9am PST, we’re not gonna see it until Monday/Tuesday when the US final roster is dropped? Maybe a strategy game between Berhalter and Herdman..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

anybody else get the feeling if it’s not dropped at 12noon EST/9am PST, we’re not gonna see it until Monday/Tuesday when the US final roster is dropped? Maybe a strategy game between Berhalter and Herdman..

Think the CSA media types may be occupied with what is happening 2 km away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“No one here thinks that the USMNT is cool anymore,” stated one league executive. “In order to be cool you have to be exclusive, and in order to be exclusive you should be expensive. Cheap tickets lead to cheap fans and we would rather have 10,000 expensive fans than 15,000 cheap ones. The United States has long had the ambition of winning the CONCACAF Nations League since we came up with it approximately 6 months ago. We want to win this in front of our passionate fanbase who can afford the ticket prices that we set for this competition we invented that will be abandoned as soon as we can come up with a money making opportunity with CONCACAF and CONMEBOL.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

anybody else get the feeling if it’s not dropped at 12noon EST/9am PST, we’re not gonna see it until Monday/Tuesday when the US final roster is dropped? Maybe a strategy game between Berhalter and Herdman..

Honestly I'm 100% cool with the "mind games" in this one. I give props to the delay for Herdman, intentional or not. 

As a fan I want to know, but realistically it's only the 18-23 that I'm curious about and if Hutch accepted the call.

Release the roster Friday AM would be ideal :), but I'm assuming there is some rule that official roster announcement must be made by X days. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It may sound strange but this American team doesn't impress me at all. I feel that most of their players are way overrated (along with the FIFA ranking) and frankly aren't good enough for the self recognition they always seem to conjure up. Even half of these players that are abroad - do they really deserve to be there? I am not impressed with Pulisic at all, same with McKennie or Ariola... the list goes on. Anyway, lets hope we kick their ass! Would be a nice exclamation mark on this part of the campaign.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

It may sound strange but this American team doesn't impress me at all. I feel that most of their players are way overrated (along with the FIFA ranking) and frankly aren't good enough for the self recognition they always seem to conjure up. Even half of these players that are abroad - do they really deserve to be there? I am not impressed with Pulisic at all, same with McKennie or Ariola... the list goes on. Anyway, lets hope we kick their ass! Would be a nice exclamation mark on this part of the campaign.

Pulisic and Adams are true elite talents, Pulisics recent form with Chelsea is almost scary.. but I agree the rest of their current player pool is very over rated. Specially Sargeant imho

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CANADA
GK- Milan Borjan | SRB / FK Crvena zvezda (Red Star Belgrade)
GK- Maxime Crépeau | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- Jayson Leutwiler | ENG / Blackburn Rovers
CB- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Amer Didić | CAN / FC Edmonton
CB- Doneil Henry | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Steven Vitória | POR / Moreirense FC
FB- Samuel Adekugbe | NOR / Vålerenga Fotball
FB- Richie Laryea | CAN / Toronto FC
FB- Kamal Miller | USA / Orlando City SC
FB- Dominick Zator | CAN / Cavalry FC
M- Scott Arfield | SCO / Glasgow Rangers FC
M- Stephen Eustáquio | MEX / Cruz Azul FC
M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Mark-Anthony Kaye | USA / Los Angeles FC
M- Jonathan Osorio | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Samuel Piette | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- David Wotherspoon | SCO / St. Johnstone FC
F- Lucas Cavallini | MEX / Puebla FC
F- Jonathan David | BEL / KAA Gent
F- Alphonso Davies | GER / FC Bayern München
F- David Junior Hoilett | WAL / Cardiff City FC
F- Liam Millar | SCO / Kilmarnock FC

Edited by Ansem

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...