USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

5 hours ago, SpursFlu said:

So where should I place the CPL . I should use data that excludes the CPL? Got it

CPL placement at this point still has to be pulled out of someone’s ass. I just meant to help you smooth out the rest of your list.

8 minutes ago, deschamp86 said:

I am hoping that either Didic or Carducci makes the squad as well. Not sure how great it looks when one CPL player makes every roster, but never does good enough for a second call

Carducci fine. 3rd string keeper will never see the pitch. I would not feel comfortable having Zator and Didic on the squad. Who on the back four are we leaving off for them? From what I have seen they aren’t ready for a match at this level.

6 minutes ago, Floortom said:

Carducci fine. 3rd string keeper will never see the pitch. I would not feel comfortable having Zator and Didic on the squad. Who on the back four are we leaving off for them? From what I have seen they aren’t ready for a match at this level.

We have a lot of CBs that aren't ready for a match at this level unfortunately

1 hour ago, shamrock said:

You wish. USL Championship has 35 teams, CPL 7. That alone is a HUGE difference. 

Why would I wish anything? I'm not a CPL employee.

Based on my observation, the level of play is roughly the same between the two leagues. That's what I was talking about, as everyone else who read my comment understood.

Yes the USL has far more teams, but it's such an obvious point I'm not sure why it needs to be stated.

31 minutes ago, JuicyHam said:

Lame

Wouldn't mind if the squad announcement was held back as late as possible.  It would keep the Americans guessing (a bit) and less time to plan.  The players that are going to Florida already know who they are.  We need to play more mind games with the opposition.

Edited by JamboAl

3 hours ago, RS said:

Why would I wish anything? I'm not a CPL employee.

Based on my observation, the level of play is roughly the same between the two leagues. That's what I was talking about, as everyone else who read my comment understood.

Yes the USL has far more teams, but it's such an obvious point I'm not sure why it needs to be stated.

More teams = more competition 

15 minutes ago, shamrock said:

More teams = more competition 

More teams also = more shitty teams

The average level of play in CPL is roughly the same as it is in USL Championship. It’s ok if you disagree, but at least use a better argument than “they have more teams.”

On 11/3/2019 at 7:06 PM, dyslexic nam said:

I grabbed a room at the Marriott. If anyone wants to split costs on a room for the 14th and 15th, PM me.  

Just as an FYI to folks - plans changed a bit,.  I think me and at least a couple other V's are grabbing a time share and splitting costs.  Someone else has booked it, but I am happy to relay info if folks want to inquire.

9 hours ago, Alex said:

It makes you wonder if someone is on the fence on coming or is there a question mark with an injury?

This has been moved to Friday! No squad until then!

Thursday will be crazy busy for the CSA on the #CanWNT side - lots of post-match stuff to put up since they can't stream the game from China + the draw, schedule and host venues for Olympic Qualifiers.

18 hours ago, RS said:

More teams also = more ****** teams

The average level of play in CPL is roughly the same as it is in USL Championship. It’s ok if you disagree, but at least use a better argument than “they have more teams.”

Well it's hard to say at this point since we've only seen 1 game between a USL team and a CPL team, but yes I disagree. 

18 hours ago, Ruffian said:

MLS > English Premier League!

Yeah at some point $$ is going to count as well. But MLS is growing every year and I would argue the level is going up not down because of it. 

BTW please answer this question: What is harder, beating 6 teams or 12? Just curious...

Edited by shamrock