Jump to content
Olympique_de_Marseille

USA vs Canada - Friday Nov 15th, Orlando FL

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, Obinna said:

I have a feeling it's going to be Larin in and Millar out for this one.

Always a bunch of tough (in a very good way) decisions and Larin absolutely deserves a call-up (even before he started scoring, I said he was doing the right things in Belgium).  I would, however, give us all the pacey counter-attacking options available. 

Watching David run the break last night even being a man down, he would have to be upfront somewhere, for me, and Davies is playing (even in a different position) and perfect for that as well.  However beyond that you need at least the remaining 4 of the front 6 to be willing and able to dig in and graft, whatever formation you play. And there comes our problem, I think. You have guys who are in form but are not that player. 

We will have to absorb some pressure and scrap this one out, I think, but if you bring on someone with straight pace late on, it can often win you the game.  But again who do you drop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My squad projection list:

GKs: Borjan, Crépeau, Carducci 

DFs: Henry, Cornelius, Miller, Vitoria, Laryea, Adekugbe, Cordova, 

MFs: Piette, Arfield, Hutchinson, Kaye, Osorio, Fraser, Wotherspoon 

FWs: Davies, David, Hoilett, Cavallini, Larin, Borges

Edited by Shway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Shway said:

My squad projection list:

GKs: Borjan, Crépeau, Carducci 

DFs: Henry, Cornelius, Miller, Vitoria, Laryea, Adekugbe, Cordova, 

MFs: Piette, Arfield, Hutchinson, Kaye, Osorio, Fraser, Wotherspoon 

FWs: Davies, David, Hoilett, Cavallini, Larin, Borges

I lke Cordova getting back in, but that is just purely me speculation based on league reputation and my own curiosity.  One less defender than we took last time (recognizing we have mids that can play LB) so it make some room up top. 

I would prefer to see Eustaquio over Wotherspoon.  With the other attacking and defensive mids on the squad, I don't think we will need fringe players in either attack or defensive roles in the eventual 18, so this spot is more of a nod to the player in question - and no disrespect to Wotherspoon, but Eustaquio will be a big player for us in the future (Wotherspoon is 29).  Better to continue integrating him at this point - especially since we haven't actually capped him yet. 

Borges would be a nice nod to the past season.  He isn't making the game day 18, so no major issue with rewarding him with a call up and seeing how he compares to the standard of play among the rest of the boys.  Having said that, Millar is one of the big absences from this proposed squad.  At this point I don't see him making the 18, but as someone who could be valuable as a late game sub I wonder about including him.  Only so many spots though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

One less defender than we took last time (recognizing we have mids that can play LB) so it make some room up top.

Keep in mind that Henry was suspended so we only had 7 defenders available for that match. This list essentially replaces Didic with Henry and makes one more spot available for a midfielder or forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Norrin Radd said:

Keep in mind that Henry was suspended so we only had 7 defenders available for that match. This list essentially replaces Didic with Henry and makes one more spot available for a midfielder or forward.

Big silver surfer fan?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyslexic nam said:

I would prefer to see Eustaquio over Wotherspoon.  With the other attacking and defensive mids on the squad, I don't think we will need fringe players in either attack or defensive roles in the eventual 18, so this spot is more of a nod to the player in question - and no disrespect to Wotherspoon, but Eustaquio will be a big player for us in the future (Wotherspoon is 29).  Better to continue integrating him at this point - especially since we haven't actually capped him yet. 

... Having said that, Millar is one of the big absences from this proposed squad.  At this point I don't see him making the 18, but as someone who could be valuable as a late game sub I wonder about including him.  Only so many spots though.

I agree with the long term statement on Eustaquio over Wotherspoon. But this is a must get a result situation. I put him in on the fact that hes in some form scoring 2 goals recently, and is game shape ready vs the guys in midfield who were dropped (Eustaquio & Teibert) but your right long term David won't be there, but in the short term injuries can happen (Kaye last game) even in training. 

Millar cant be considered a big absence, since he isn't considered a big contributer/proven goal scorer. The reality is that we'll likely only play with 3 attackers, meaning 3 others will be on the bench for a late game pudh if needed. 

Reward hardwork, results and success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't believe there are calls to recall Wotherspoon, he was awful in his chance for Canada.

I'm thinking we line up in the same fashion that we finished last game.  If the yanks want to press us I think we'll wreak havoc on the break and yet we are still solid enough to defend.

--------------------Cavallini---------------------

---------------------David------------------------

Davies---Arfield--Hutchinson--Hoilett

Miller----Corenlius---Vitoria----Laryea

-------------------Borjan------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Can't believe there are calls to recall Wotherspoon, he was awful in his chance for Canada.

I'm thinking we line up in the same fashion that we finished last game.  If the yanks want to press us I think we'll wreak havoc on the break and yet we are still solid enough to defend.

--------------------Cavallini---------------------

---------------------David------------------------

Davies---Arfield--Hutchinson--Hoilett

Miller----Corenlius---Vitoria----Laryea

-------------------Borjan------------------------

This is true, I thought he was **** too. But it was 1 game. He's playing, scoring and in game shape. Half of our squad will not have played a game in over a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Can't believe there are calls to recall Wotherspoon, he was awful in his chance for Canada.

I'm thinking we line up in the same fashion that we finished last game.  If the yanks want to press us I think we'll wreak havoc on the break and yet we are still solid enough to defend.

--------------------Cavallini---------------------

---------------------David------------------------

Davies---Arfield--Hutchinson--Hoilett

Miller----Corenlius---Vitoria----Laryea

-------------------Borjan------------------------

I can’t see Piette sitting after the way he played last time - especially if we expect to spend a bit of time soaking up offensive pressure.  Not sure how he fits in - and it is the same old (new) conundrum, but he was a beast against them last time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

--------------------------- Cavallini 

Davies

--------------------- Osorio ------- Arfield

----------------- Hutchinson --- Piette

------------------------------------------------------------ Laryea

Miller -------- Vitoria ----------- Henry

----------------------------- Borjan 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dyslexic nam said:

I can’t see Piette sitting after the way he played last time - especially if we expect to spend a bit of time soaking up offensive pressure.  Not sure how he fits in - and it is the same old (new) conundrum, but he was a beast against them last time.  

I struggled with him big time here.  He was definitely a beast but Arfield and Hutchinson are our two best players and playing regularly.  Perhaps we could move Hutchinson to RB and fit Piette in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too many guys who haven’t played in a long time. I’m rolling with the guys that are playing regularly. Piette would be a good option as a sub if we’re protecting a result but otherwise I’m going with Hutch in his spot.

left back I would go with Adekugbe (possibly even Davies with Hoilett up at LW depending on the formation) but Kamal has barely played in two months so I question how sharp he is. 
 

    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best part of our victory over the US was  everytime guys like Pulisic and there other big time forward  who plays for Seattle I forget his name , guys like Piette , Arfield , were on top of them  they couldn't do anything . At gthe same time they could not handle Laryea  speed and play  to the point were they were trying to goad him into a card

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

--------------------------- Cavallini 

Davies

--------------------- Osorio ------- Arfield

----------------- Hutchinson --- Piette

------------------------------------------------------------ Laryea

Miller -------- Vitoria ----------- Henry

----------------------------- Borjan 

I don't think we'll go with box midfield again but I hope we go for a double pilot again with the same types of players. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Arfield on the right, Davies on the left and Oso at 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, gigi riva said:

The best part of our victory over the US was  everytime guys like Pulisic and there other big time forward  who plays for Seattle I forget his name , guys like Piette , Arfield , were on top of them  they couldn't do anything . At gthe same time they could not handle Laryea  speed and play  to the point were they were trying to goad him into a card

Jordan Morris.

I didn't watch the whole game, but my favourite part of the LAFC vs Seattle playoff game was when shortly after MAK came on the field, him and Morris bumped each other with shoulders and MAK was the one left standing. I just liked the symbolism of it, and the fact that it made MAK look healed rather than brittle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starting XI

----------------------David---------------------

Hoilett------------------------------------Davies

-------------Kaye-----------Arfield--------------

----------------------Piette----------------------

---Adekugbe----Cornelius---Vitoria-----Laryea---

----------------------Borjan----------------------

 

At 60-65 mins:

Cavallini in for David
Osorio in for Kaye
Millar in for Hoilett

 

----------------------Cavallini--------------------

Millar--------------------------------------Davies

----------------------Osorio----------------------

-------------Piette-----------Arfield--------------

---Adekugbe----Cornelius---Vitoria-----Laryea---

----------------------Borjan----------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, hodgkiss said:

Starting XI

----------------------David---------------------

Hoilett------------------------------------Davies

-------------Kaye-----------Arfield--------------

----------------------Piette----------------------

---Adekugbe----Cornelius---Vitoria-----Laryea---

----------------------Borjan----------------------

 

At 60-65 mins:

Cavallini in for David
Osorio in for Kaye
Millar in for Hoilett

 

----------------------Cavallini--------------------

Millar--------------------------------------Davies

----------------------Osorio----------------------

-------------Piette-----------Arfield--------------

---Adekugbe----Cornelius---Vitoria-----Laryea---

----------------------Borjan----------------------

Crazy that Hutch could not see the field, but the reality is that some excellent players will not start - and may not play.  Not sure he would be the one to sit tough. 

I think the proposed shape change (and subs) is entirely dependent on the scoreline at the time.  Chasing vs protecting a lead required a very different mindset.  Not that I like to see teams bunker and hope the other team doesn't score for 20-30 minutes, but our finishing 11 will very much depend on how things looks between 50 and 70 minutes in. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2019 at 8:51 PM, Gary23 said:

I pre-booked parking a bit closer for same price and they allow tailgate (bring your own) and do not have to be hackled by the outlaws...We will be a group of 8

https://www.parkwhiz.ca/p/orlando-parking/521-w-central-blvd/?event_id=976801

Boooo. Banter is fun!  Anyone planning to come to the Outlaws tailgate?  There is also a brewery there for people coming without supplies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To start:

---------------------David--------------

Hoilett----------------------------- Davies

------------------Arfield------------

-------Hutchinson------Piette-------

Miller--Cornelius-Vitoria-Laryea

______________

- Hutchinson in for Kaye. 

- Hoilett in for Osorio 

- Backline goes unchanged, Miller is in familiar territory.

Edited by Shway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, masster said:

Today is deadline for tickets...right? I need 1. Can somebody direct me to the details again please?

Thanks

As @sstackho said:

1.  Go to https://www.facebook.com/events/504931063690678  Look under 'Recent Posts' and follow the link to Ticketmaster. 

2.  Swallow your pride and create a U.S. Soccer Account. 

3. Hopefully that will get you to this screen:  https://imgur.com/a/L0jdRSr  If you get a message that "Unfortunately this offer is not available", then curse at U.S. Soccer and Ticketmaster and try logging in again. 

4.  Click on 'Find Tickets' and enter the promo code CANSUPP. 

5.  Buy your tickets for US$29 each.  These will be in our section. 

6.  Visit http://ussoccer.com/mytix on your phone to get your mobile tickets. 

7.  Have a beer, because you've earned it.

 

22 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster

my source at Calgary Calvary has told me Zator has been called for the game in Orlando, no word on anyone else yet 

Presumably your source would have told us if Carducci had been called. Does that mean Leutwiler got the call despite his lack of playing time? or another CPL keeper? Triston Henry?

(It's always good to have two Henrys in case the first gets a red card! ;) )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...