Luka Kulenovic

Sigma78

Luka is a 19-year old (born in Toronto) who signed with Osijek II in the Crotian 2nd tier last month.  He played in the last 30 minutes or so in the Osijek match today, and also featured on the weekend.  Last season Luka was with Zeljeznicar BL in the B&H 2nd tier.  He scored 13 goals in 28 matches.  Previous to that, he was with Trencin U19 in Slovakia.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Buchta said:

When Luca scored his first goal earlier in the season, I think he was the first Canadian to score in the Czech top tier since Dave Simpson.  He scored for SK Kladno on September 24, 2006 vs Sigma Olomouc.

Thanks, he had a little post-match interview at the end of the YouTube video, too. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Any indication whether or not the National team has been in contact? Moving to Slavia Prague would be a nice career progression and would be of interest to Canada, no? I see that 8 of the 23 players last called for the Czech Republic came from that club.

If he can move there and do well, we probably should be inviting him to a camp, right?

Slavia has had a reputation lately of buying up players who are performing well to weaken the clubs they are coming from.  From time to time, a player will perform well at Slavia, or they will just sit on the bench for a season.    Slavia has a player right now who is quite similar to Kulenovic.  Mojmir Chytil is a Czech national team player and he has 18 goals in 41 matches.  I suspect he will move on to a club outside of the Czech Republic soon than later, which could be the reason why Slavia is looking at Kulenovic.

Edited by Buchta