Match Thread: September 15, 2019 - Forge v HFX Wanderers

narduch

44 minutes ago, Big_M said:

gutierrez who has been disappointing this season finally scores and its 2-0..hfx finally executing like they should

Gutierrez has had a tremendous fall from grace. He was excellent for Universitario off the bench in 2016, but since moving to Sweden he hasn't been the same player. I still think he's a decent player for this level though, if only he was managed under someone competent and not bloody Stephen Hart.

Another very entertaining match at THF, HFX really seemed up for it and caused Forge all kinds of problems early on until Forge seemed to settle into the match, even before we fell behind shortly after ht many of us were commenting on how lethargic Forge looked and after the recent travel and fixture congestion that's no surprise! When HFX took their 2 goal lead it was nothing less than they deserved and just when it looked like HFX should see it out a goal comes out of nowhere, then an equalizer and we dared to dream there might be a winner! Despite the rain the crowd got into it, it was nice to meet up with a bunch of HFX supporters at our post game!

Having watched the match back, I'm slightly disappointed we couldn't hold on, but I'm encouraged we didn't 'raise the white flag' and lose 2 or 3-0 not that I thought this would happen for one minute.

Happy for Gutierrez to open his goal account, that was a stunning strike.  Looking forward to the return match on Wednesday.

Edited by Terry_Canuck