Canadians abroad: Sept 13 - Sept 19, 2019

jordan

44 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

3-0 nil now.  And should be more.  Other team just lets them have it in midfield and the attacks come in waves.  

Probably take some off their starters off as they start in Europe this week. 

Yeah, they’re inviting pressure. David probably should’ve had another one. With the yellow he’s a likely candidate for an early sub

edit: uh oh. He came off limping. Looks like a hamstring

Edited by Aird25

21 hours ago, gator said:

He played very well, MOM for me, I was at the match at BMO if that's when it was mentioned so I didn't hear that!

Yes, nothng too much was said at the Canada match.

I was actually talking about the announcer for the Cardiff match who provided this new info - though didn't mention anything about his goals for Canada (while he went on a couple of times about the long journey taken by a Curacao player).

And Hoillett also played well for Cardiff after coming on as a sub - like a few national team players this weekend. Good to see now playing for the national team doesn't lead to taking a step back.

2 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Davies makes the bench against Red Star in the Champions League.

And Borjan starts on the other side.

Update - Almost one way traffic on the Red Star goal, Bayern up 1-0.

No UEFA CL debut for Davies tonight. Bayern have made all three subs. Bayern up 2-nil. Borjan couldn't do much for either goal conceded.

3 hours ago, jordan said:

Europa

Atiba is on the bench

Hutch on in 74' - Level at 2-2 in Bratislava.  End up losing away 4-2.

Arfield's Rangers win at home to Feyenord

And David's Gent hold on for a 3-2 win at home. 

(Also Javier Hernandez scores what I think is his first goal outside the box on our old friend Begovic.  Ha.)

Edited by WestHamCanadianinOxford

On Tuesday, Froese started and played 90 minutes in an unfortunate 0-0 at home against Hoffenheim II. That was the game that was stopped due to heavy rainfall last week, but at that moment Saarbrücken was leading 1-0 at the start of the second half.

Second game in a row that they've dropped points. Can't do that too often if they want to get into 3rd next season. 

• jordan unpinned this topic