Ansem

Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

2 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

USnA commentators best be humble. Normally you’d think the Yanks would comeback firing in the return match but the way they played last night plus all the heat they’re getting from the press I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another win in November. I smell blood. USnA look like they’re a boxer on the ropes ripe for a knockdown. 

The way i see it....  If Berhalter gets canned between now and Nov, the new coach will surely want to make a statement and beat us bad to come out a hero.  However that plays into our hands as i truly feel we have the tools to hurt them where they are weak.   If we play with Berhalter as coach again, i see them being really conservative vs our conter-attack threat.  Either way, should be interesting.  

1 hour ago, Daryn27 said:

Who on the Canadian men’s team is unsigned wow they have no clue.

we haven't represented unattached FC for like 4 years or so, except a one off with Edgar I think

Like many have already said, this was an excellent performance by Canada. The win is exactly what the team needed to distinguish itself from squads of the last decade and to show it can compete as a top team in Concacaf. Canada's last win against the U.S. may have been in 1985, but we were robbed in 2007. For me, the win tonight was retribution for that Gold Cup loss, and we didn't need a ref to bail us out. Great job to the whole gang. 

What an amazing game.

Here's a rare news article (from Forbes surprisingly) that actually recognizes that USA should NOT be so shocked they lost to Canada because of our talent and tactics (and not blame it just on a lack of desire by the US). The journalist actually seems to know loads about our guys. 

Savour this read, preferably with a cigar and whiskey 🥃 in hand..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jamesnalton/2019/10/16/canada-united-states-2-0-nations-league-berhalter-alphonso-davies/amp/

Edited by saintjoes

3 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Listen to this from the 13:15 mark of the ESPN FC podcast .  Good lord.  

https://podbay.fm/podcast/849326609/e/1571264820

Was that Hercules Gomez ranting about CDN talent??  What a complete clown.  I couldnt help but check, according to soccerway he was in one game vs canada in 2012, scoreless draw friendly in TO.  If someone was injured or sick they recovered well enough to play as everyone saw the field.  

5 hours ago, ted said:

LOL, I am disagreeing with the erroneous assertion that he was anything other than THE BEST PLAYER on the pitch last night.

The whole team did well, even the new kid thrown on  in an unexpected early substitution.

All I am saying is, Arfield ruled the midfield and was, IMO, the MOTM. 

Oh sorry almighty one. I didn't know your word was gospel. 

Maybe when you learn the names of our players and treat them with respect, I'll do the same to your opinions. 

On 10/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, CanadaFan123 said:

"Delighted"?  I think that's a bit much for an expected result.  We drew the States in 2012, 2013 and were minutes away in 2016... since that time we have improved and they have gone down a bit.  I think expectations need heightening.   

On 10/7/2019 at 1:10 PM, CanadaFan123 said:

Not rose coloured glasses at all, just being realistic.  I'd be okay with a draw but not delighted as it would not be a sign of progress.  As Herdman even said, we need to beat a rival to progress... anything less is just the same old mediocrity.  This USA team is not good enough to celebrate drawing against.. at home.  A top world team or even Mexico?  Sure, all day.

I think it's worth bringing these back up, given that I thought the exact opposite.  This Canada team surprised me, and were full marks for the victory.  I was heartened by how well they played, and thought in many ways the score flattered the USA. 

So now that step one is complete, they need to take points in November.  I risk be a downer here, but if they lose in November, then don't win the group, that really does negate the progress we've made here.  Unlike this game however, I'm immediately encouraged to think that in fact they can succeed away. 

4 hours ago, KW519 said:

Wow😕 had to shut his dumb ass off after 30 seconds 

It seems that you can never beat an American.  Apparently, they only beat themselves and that's it.

I like our chances of taking all six points, frankly, so long as we also come into Orlando with the right, business like attitude.  I don't want to crank up the expectations too high because that has been lethal for us in the past, but the opponent lacks any real confidence at the moment. 

4 hours ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

Listen to this from the 13:15 mark of the ESPN FC podcast .  Good lord.  

https://podbay.fm/podcast/849326609/e/1571264820

The irony is beyond comprehension that these pundits are heavily criticizing the USMNT for being arrogant, then in the same breath say Canada has "no talent" (that's a direct quote) with guys that "aren't even signed".

Like, wtf.

Is it possible that American analysts has mislead American fans into believing that the team and its players are better than they actually are?

ESPN answers it

and yes...the arrogance from Gomez

we played guys with no contracts? We have no talent? WTF? What's wrong with that country is how ignorant they are due to their medias feeding them BS about things outside their borders...

Edited by Ansem

7 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

USnA commentators best be humble. Normally you’d think the Yanks would comeback firing in the return match but the way they played last night plus all the heat they’re getting from the press I wouldn’t be surprised if we get another win in November. I smell blood. USnA look like they’re a boxer on the ropes ripe for a knockdown. 

If you're gonna make a wish, you may as well go big.

Peace on earth is more likely.

3 hours ago, Ansem said:

Is it possible that American analysts has mislead American fans into believing that the team and its players are better than they actually are?

ESPN answers it

we played guys with no contracts? We have no talent? WTF? What's wrong with that country is how ignorant they are due to their medias feeding them BS about things outside their borders...

If Im Herdmann  use that as motivation for next match in November

We beat  the most overrated  nation in Soccer ALL year they have played all there games at  home to chicken  to play abroad.  Davies  outshone Pulisic   bigtime   

7 hours ago, baulderdash77 said:

Who got banned?

Robert aka Binky.

Absolutely 100% deserved based on not just ongoing trolling but one particularly appalling post that targeted one of the female members of this board. I think he must be losing his marbles.

These American broadcasters have built careers out of the myth of the US being an up and coming soccer nation on the cusp of breaking into the top tier of World soccer. 

They need the program to bounce back but it doesn't look good. 

5 hours ago, Ansem said:

ESPN answers it

Lol these guys are so full of it. Gomez says nations league is a joke. Then the host chimes in and suggests our guys don’t play anywhere and some aren’t even signed!!! They are pushing Pulisic and his flu like symptoms and lack of desire like crazy. We need to put that humble pie back in the oven and get ready to serve it.

Edited by Alex