Ansem

Canada vs. United States (Nations League A) Tuesday, Oct. 15th, 2019 - 7:30pm EST

Just home from the match after lots of travel on public transit today, what an amazing match, the team seized the moment and were quite dominant overall! As @Club Linesman we had some great debate pre match at Joes when the starting 11 was leaked, I give Herdman all kinds of credit for knowing his players and getting this spot on! I have little voice left and there is a Forge match tomorrow night with some out of town V's attending, fun times!

11 hours ago, toontownman said:

Completely agree. Personally I have been completely unimpressed with Piette though the last year of Canada games and think he looks like a complete liability half the time, slow and bulldozing his way through giving away possession and silly fouls. This is the game to step up though if he is picked, I hope its Arfield and Kaye with David in front, that is almost certainly way too attacking for this game though!

I think he heard you!

5 hours ago, scullion44 said:

I'm one of Borjans biggest fans but he worries me everytime he touches the ball...

The Dan Cloutier of soccer! lol

4 hours ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

Not a smash and grab

We are the better team

The smash job was Piette breaking up all of their attacks! Stay outta our house ******!

4 hours ago, finchster said:

Nations League is a waste of our time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 

llllooooolllll!!!!

7 hours ago, Razcal said:

This win gives us about +17.6 points

El Salvador gets +5 for their win vs. St. Lucia.

So.. we are currently at...

5 - HON 1368
6 - CAN 1340
7 - SLV 1336
8 - CUW 1323

5 for beating St Lucia feels like it's 4 too many. Damn..

That was amongst the most fun I’ve had at a CNMT match, especially the result.  It was great to catch up with so many longtime Voyageurs as well.  I was so emotionally drained afterwards that I was glad there was some quiet time on the walk after the game.  One doesn’t realize how vested one is to soccer in this country until you live times like last night.

6 hours ago, Chad_Impact said:

Anybody else find it cringe, despite the loss, Americans still acting like they`re by far the superior team? They really like to act like they're a powerhouse. 

I hope they keep it up and stroll into the pitch in Orlando thinking we just got lucky last night.   

My three thoughts:

1) I was very much on the 'same old' train when David missed that chance in the 15th minute, but they didn't let it get to their heads and they kept the foot down for the vast majority of the 90 minutes.  That is easily the most comprehensive performance we've had against one of the big CONCACAF teams.

2) People at work are bringing the NT up unprompted which never happens and can only be good for some more coverage going forward.

3) The OneSoccer production, especially on the goals, is absolutely fantastic.

This was a first game for CMNT that I can remember attending that was 99% pro Canadian. It was a great seeing this.

The chemistry between the midfield trio of Piette,Arfield and Osorio is so good to see. They know where each one will be and rotation of positions between them is very fluid.

The other point is having Vitoria as defensive anchor was huge last night. He was in control back there.

12 hours ago, Shortdutchcanuck said:

I'm mainly concerned about the reported attendance matching up with the photo the Parrot posts of BMO 1/2 hour before the match.

Interestingly, for such a dedicated and longstanding supporter of Canadian footy, I notice that he has been completely absent from any and all discussion of the game last night. 

Good thing it's a short work week here in Canada, my mind is still on fantasy island.  

Could write an essay abt all the positives but I won't, so many positives. Props to the coaches, players, fans and all the V's, we have all needed this and beyond deserved. 

Also met Sid from Tim & Sid last night after the game and thanked him for his mainstream support of footy in the country. Solid dude and looking forward to watch his show this afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, theaub said:

Am I missing it or can you not watch a replay of the full match on OneSoccer?

You're not missing anything. One Soccer holds the keys to the car, and Grand Dad's Audi is staying in the garage. It's a  classic Voyageurs moment when we have our biggest win in nearly a decade and we can't watch a replay, even with a legitimate subscription to what is now essentially our national broadcaster.