Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Match Thread: Sep 12, 2019 - Valour vs. Forge

I feel the pain of Valour supporters, I'm sure you were all expecting more this season after what looked to be some pretty good signings, it's a new league though and there were always going to be some surprises either way and before anyone says I don't really get it with my team (Forge) in first atm, I wouldn't have been shocked if Forge struggled with so many players making the move up from L1 Ontario! The second half last night showed there is some fight in the team, it will be all about addressing areas of need in the off season not just for Valour but the whole league! I certainly hope the support remains strong, the Valour fans I know are not going to bail on the team!

I don't know why I'm looking for silver linings in this shipwreck of a season, but the one Valour goal yesterday was a well-worked passing sequence from the 4 Winnipeggers on the pitch. Bustos-Sacramento-Bustos-Carreiro-Attardo.

Edited by jonovision

19 hours ago, jonovision said:

I can't believe Anthony Novak keeps looking like a decent footballer against Valour. Has he done anything useful against any other opponent?

He'll never be a track athlete but he's looked solid against most opposition this season.  Right up there in goals per minute in the league.  Perfectly acceptable target forward for this level.  Links up with skill players better than you might think.

^ He has 5 league goals, it's just that 4 are against Valour. He looked overmatched in the CONCACAF League matches against Olimpia. I guess I haven't seen much of Forge's other matches.

What was crazy to me was that two or three times last night he beat the very rested Jordan Murrell for pace on straight line runs. Not a good look for Murrell.

Edited by jonovision

48 minutes ago, Lofty said:

Is it just me or are Gale's post match interviews all starting to sound the same? Blah blah blah individual errors (so not mine) blah blah blah.

https://valourfc.canpl.ca/video/coach-gale-post-match-press-conference-8

Stop being a "Doom and Gloomer" !  We should be happy with last place and setting records for being thrashed !

Edited by Winnipeg Fury

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

^ He has 5 league goals, it's just that 4 are against Valour. He looked overmatched in the CONCACAF League matches against Olimpia. I guess I haven't seen much of Forge's other matches.

What was crazy to me was that two or three times last night he beat the very rested Jordan Murrell for pace on straight line runs. Not a good look for Murrell.

Let's be honest here, most of the team looked overmatched against Olimpia which should come as no real surprise! 

1 hour ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

Stop being a "Doom and Gloomer" !  We should be happy with last place and setting records for being thrashed !

We should get T-shirts made. Would you like to be "Doom" or "Gloomer"? 😁