Match Thread: September 8, 2019 - Forge v York9

narduch

This is a great soccer weekend, after attending the Canada match last night I am going to watch my local team this afternoon! I ran into lots of TFC friends I haven't seen much of lately at the match last night, many have been to a Forge match or are genuinely interested in attending one! It should be a great day for football in The Hammer, I expect the depth of Forge will be tested again!

24 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

Why does it need to be a foreign player?

I’m all for Canadian players, but I think that for a player to be the ‘marquis’ player, it’d make the most sense to buy someone casuals might have heard of, someone who can help get butts in seats, and the most likely to check those boxes and dominate on the field, would be an older or prime aged European player. 

10 hours ago, gator said:

I meant to mention earlier, good on the York 9 away support, they were lively, it was hilarious when one of them stood outside the fence and lit a green smoke bomb which blew into our Battalion section! Some friends who sat at the end near their support were impressed by the noise they made and the horn!

I sat in 118 and thought their support was very lively. Loved the trumpet.

Only annoyance was one guy at the front of their crowd who looked visibly angry and to be yelling and flipping people off the whole time. That’s whatever as long as it wasn’t other fans he was starting beef with (tbh it looked like he was doing it towards Tristan Henry LOL). But the dude also kept on doing the jerk off motion towards the crowd in front of him, which seemed a bit inappropriate considering most of that area’s crowd is families.

Edited by Pottsy3

56 minutes ago, Pottsy3 said:

I sat in 118 and thought their support was very lively. Loved the trumpet.

Only annoyance was one guy at the front of their crowd who looked visibly angry and to be yelling and flipping people off the whole time. That’s whatever as long as it wasn’t other fans he was starting beef with (tbh it looked like he was doing it towards Tristan Henry LOL). But the dude also kept on doing the jerk off motion towards the crowd in front of him, which seemed a bit inappropriate considering most of that area’s crowd is families.

I heard the same complaints about only a couple of their fans trying to play the ultra role, I'm all for some good banter between the groups, we are after all closest rivals but acting like a dick to the regular crowd is just kind of stupid as is trying to start trouble anywhere in The Hammer!

On 9/9/2019 at 11:14 PM, gator said:

I meant to mention earlier, good on the York 9 away support, they were lively, it was hilarious when one of them stood outside the fence and lit a green smoke bomb which blew into our Battalion section! Some friends who sat at the end near their support were impressed by the noise they made and the horn!

The funniest thing for me was when families started complaining, as if they've never seen an active football support before.

I love the Generation IX. I really hope the numbers boost as the years go on.