Canada vs Cuba - Sat Sept 7th - game thread

I would like to watch this match, but can't find it in the TSN listings or even on the TSN Direct schedule (which I, as a Cogeco subscriber have no access to anyway, but that's another story).  Is there any way to see this damn game?

TSN in their wisdom have decided to put the same CFL game duplicated on three of their 5 channels tonight instead of showing our national team.

7 hours ago, MontyCircus said:

I would like to watch this match, but can't find it in the TSN listings or even on the TSN Direct schedule (which I, as a Cogeco subscriber have no access to anyway, but that's another story).  Is there any way to see this damn game?

TSN in their wisdom have decided to put the same CFL game duplicated on three of their 5 channels tonight instead of showing our national team.

Mate, have you heard of OneSoccer yet? It’s the digital platform, accessible from any device with wifi, that is broadcasting all Canada, and Concacaf LN matches, and every single match from that league we just launched called the CPL...encourage all who are complaining about the game not on TSN to support a business that is investing in our football.

game day!!! Here we goooo

Edited by hamiltonfan

17 minutes ago, hamiltonfan said:

Mate, have you heard of OneSoccer yet? It’s the digital platform, accessible from any device with wifi, that is broadcasting all Canada, and Concacaf LN matches, and every single match from that league we just launched called the CPL...encourage all you are complaining about the game not on TSN to support business that are investing in our football.

game day!!! Here we goooo

I've heard of OneSoccer but didn't know they had MNT games.  Thanks for that.  Free trial started.

Orlendis Benítez now reported to have defected.

http://adncuba.com/deportes/david-urgelles-desercion-17-del-futbol-cubano-en-10-meses

The count is at 2.

Rough year, for defections considering the Gold Cup, the U23 olympic qualifying and now this. I'll take any advantage we can get but this is just sad all 'round.

I feel a bad from a sporting perspective that Cuba has had so many defections.  Their player base can’t be so broad as to lose this many players and our last game against them wasn’t very competitive.

I certainly want to win but don’t really enjoy the 7-0, 8-0, 10-0 thrashings against a minnow team that’s completely depleted.

14 minutes ago, baulderdash77 said:

I feel a bad from a sporting perspective that Cuba has had so many defections.  Their player base can’t be so broad as to lose this many players and our last game against them wasn’t very competitive.

I certainly want to win but don’t really enjoy the 7-0, 8-0, 10-0 thrashings against a minnow team that’s completely depleted.

I know what you're saying, you want it to be a competitive test but we have no control of this, the Cubans will not give up and they will be athletic! This is a chance for Mr. Herdman once again to try to see who plays well where and which formation works, obviously the dynamics will be different vs the US, I'm looking forward to seeing all of our young talent live even if it's in a match we should very well dominate! 

This Cuba team is no longer the semi competitive Cuba we saw in 2012. Their form has dropped bigtime. These 2 games will be nothing more than an exercise in running up the score as much as possible.

Our group will most likely be determined by goal differential.

We must show them No Mercy. I want to see us put 10 past Cuba tonite! 

2 minutes ago, BrennanFan said:

This Cuba team is no longer the semi competitive Cuba we saw in 2012. Their form has dropped bigtime. These 2 games will be nothing more than an exercise in running up the score as much as possible.

We must show them No Mercy. I want to see us put 10 past Cuba tonite! 

Come on...

We have never beat a team by more than 5 at home and that team was Dominica.  This Cuba team will be coming out on all cylinders looking for revenge and with a new coach - the boys can’t be complacent.

Despite their poor GC, Cuba did well in qualifying just narrowly losing to Haiti on the road. 

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

Keep in mind Cuba will have as many or most likely even more defections before the US game and you can bet the Americans won’t take their foot of the gas. It is unfortunate but we need to destroy Cuba tonight so that getting 2 draws against the US may actually be enough.  

1 hour ago, baulderdash77 said:

It's possible to do that and not act like the uswnt.

Given it is a three team group, it is 100% necessary.

After attending 2 Valour games (and deciding to get season tickets next year) coupled with the Mens/Womens games...I signed up for a yearly Onesoccer subscription.  Looking forward to the game tonight.  I haven't heard much - I hope the quality is decent. I plan to chromecast it to my TV.  Any idea if they have or will be getting an app for XBOXone?

Edited by damaaster

6 hours ago, BrennanFan said:

As much is this is possible, I disagree completely that it is likely.  Points against the USA are not likely: A draw at home would be a great result, and to get anything on the road would be amazing.

13 minutes ago, badname22 said:

So...?

Borjan

Laryea - Henry - Cornelius - Miller?

Piette

Hoillet - Kaye - Osorio - Davies

David

Miller doesn’t seem right, and Kaye or Davies could slot in at LB, but seems unlikely that you would push Miller into mid while leaving the guys on the bench that we have. Seems weird that Adekugbe or Cordova didn’t get the nod.  

Am I missing something?

Edited by dyslexic nam