Match Thread: September 4, 2019 - Pacific v Forge

narduch

Good strike by Mohsen, got the tops on the ball and caught Village in a bad way.  Hard, hard shooting angle to cover.  It's a 3 dimensional game isn't it?  Well done.

Verhoven looking up for things tonight.  Only one to really trouble Henry so far.  Easy pickings for the Forge 'keeper on those corners I thought.  Too easy.

I'm assuming David Norman, Jr belongs to David Norman of CMNT alumni.  His Mum must be an Amazon 'cause I don't recall the old man having that sort of height.  Could be wrong though.  

LBG's goal.  I could watcht that thing another 200 times.  That's a goal.  

13 minutes ago, Cheeta said:

Good strike by Mohsen, got the tops on the ball and caught Village in a bad way.  Hard, hard shooting angle to cover.  It's a 3 dimensional game isn't it?  Well done.

Verhoven looking up for things tonight.  Only one to really trouble Henry so far.  Easy pickings for the Forge 'keeper on those corners I thought.  Too easy.

I'm assuming David Norman, Jr belongs to David Norman of CMNT alumni.  His Mum must be an Amazon 'cause I don't recall the old man having that sort of height.  Could be wrong though.  

You are correct. The old man is 5'8" while the young man is 6'2". Another victory for Canada Post?

And another 2 points evaporates.  Few quick thoughts.  

Seems to have been more than a few mis-hits on shots at goal tonight, very strange.  

Fun watching Novak and Campbell competing tonight.  Like Novak, from what I've seen of him, always troublesome and not a player you want running at you in any circumstances.  Less so Campbell.  Tonight at least and those who watch him more could add more about his inconsistancy maybe?  Don't know but thought Novak had the better match but in the end it was Campbell who came away with the goal and full credit for it. 

Better 2nd half.  Verhoven and Borges especially standing out for me.  Lots of players with a good night for both sides as well I thought.  

Speaking of Borges, 100% penalty missed on him at the end.  Inexcusable.  Ref decided to ignore that one.  The officiating will improve with experience and it will have to.  Like the notion of "letting players play" and all that but they're doing the players no favours by letting rubbish defending go unpunished. 

Onesoccer a bit dodgy tonight, for me anyway.

Edited by Cheeta

I thought it was a good exciting match, Forge faded in the second half, Bobby made some good subs that preserved the point and maybe gave them a chance to win! I think Forge really should have had a penalty at the end, I think it was a case of Borges trying to sell dives all night and the ref just wasn't going to give him anything at the end!

At the game tonight. Definitely impressed with Verhoven — he is becoming very exciting to watch. As he gets older and hopefully sturdier he will be able to withstand more of the bodying and will be a real threat I think. Norman had a good game too. Was worried when Bekker and Nanco came on. They were definitely more dangerous. Waiting to see the highlights of the disallowed goal. Couldn’t tell from our vantage point, but the pole side AR did not seem strong this game. Can’t comment on the non-penalty on Borges (far end from our seats) but thought this ref was miles better than the last one.  

1 hour ago, Cheeta said:

Speaking of Borges, 100% penalty missed on him at the end.  Inexcusable.  Ref decided to ignore that one.  The officiating will improve with experience and it will have to.  Like the notion of "letting players play" and all that but they're doing the players no favours by letting rubbish defending go unpunished.

I don't know how you're determining whether there was contact or not on that play. 

2 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

OneSoccer post game they showed a good view of it. 

Ahh okay. I've only seen it from the one camera angle but it looks like Novak might've been offside before Borges got the ball anyways

Edited by Aird25

10 hours ago, shorty said:

Can’t comment on the non-penalty on Borges (far end from our seats) but thought this ref was miles better than the last one.  

Never a penalty for Borges (right in front of us) and the ref was miles better. Not perfect, but barely worth complaining about.