Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

My heart says it'll be Canada and Qatar winning tonight. My mind says Mexico and the USA.

Advantage goes to the home sides, I'm afraid. 

Hope the heart wins though. Really feels like the stars are lining up for us to party like the year 2000!

Just now, Obinna said:

My heart says it'll be Canada and Qatar winning tonight. My mind says Mexico and the USA.

Advantage goes to the home sides, I'm afraid. 

Hope the heart wins though. Really feels like the stars are lining up for us to party like the year 2000!

Qatars weakness is there backline. I can see the US troubling them on set pieces as well. But I also think theyre the toughest attacking test theyve faced in this tournament to date. In any case, will be a good watch I think. 

If either the US or Mexico go behind its going to get wicked fun.   

Think both matches will be worth the watch which is really all anyone could ask for but how grand would it be coming into kickoff tonight knowing there was already one upset?  Pretty bloody awesome.

Here's hoping it's one of those nights!

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

USA starting line up v. Qatar 

screenshot_20210729-181126_chrome-jpg.20

As much as I would love to see USA lose and rub it in to all of my American friends.  I want redemption vs them in the final.  A part of me wishes we played first because if we lose to Mexico, I would want USA out as well.  If we win, I want that revenge vs the Americans.

51 minutes ago, Corazon said:

As much as I would love to see USA lose and rub it in to all of my American friends.  I want redemption vs them in the final.  A part of me wishes we played first because if we lose to Mexico, I would want USA out as well.  If we win, I want that revenge vs the Americans.

I really think if we play them in the final we will win it mostly because Eustaquio will be playing. Also, Cavallini and Vitoria will have extra rest. 

Edited by Alex

Bit nervy out there.  Could easily be 1 all.  Me thinks if Qatar could find a period of "better than THAT.", and I sure they will, it's going to get fun.   

USA 45 away from losing this unless they sharpen up.

1 minute ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

Anybody else find it mildly cringe that the only chant American fans seem to know is “USA! USA! USA!” 🤣

That and the recycled MLS chant. You know, the one that every club seems to do. Very original, certainly on-brand for a team full of MLSers.

Also, the Viking clap like 20 minutes into the game, with no momentum from the home side, was very funny to me. It’s not like pressure was building and a goal was looming (see TFC goal off a corner in MLS Cup 2017). Not that there’s a rule for when to roll it out, but it just seemed odd given how the game was playing out.

As for how the game is playing out, USA are lucky not to be down. Game plan seems to be don’t turn over the ball (good one, Sands) and pump crosses in for Dike. It hasn’t been working, but they are still in the game, so maybe things are going as expected for them?

4 minutes ago, Obinna said:

As for how the game is playing out, USA are lucky not to be down. Game plan seems to be don’t turn over the ball (good one, Sands) and pump crosses in for Dike. It hasn’t been working, but they are still in the game, so maybe things are going as expected for them?

Their game plan looks the same as to how they played against us. 
They have absolutely no threat going forward. Credit to Qatar as they are locking up the middle.

Edited by Shway

Just now, Floortom said:

I just don’t want this match to go into extra time and delay our start..I’ll even take a Qatari win here over that 

I agree...I'm already sleepy lol.

4 minutes ago, Shway said:

I agree...I'm already sleepy lol.

5 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I just don’t want this match to go into extra time and delay our start..I’ll even take a Qatari win here over that 

Delay our broadcast? The games are in different locations