Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

6 minutes ago, BearcatSA said:

Why do I get the feeling that it will be an "outside the box" replacement?

Herdman has been pretty good with calling up the best available player. Im thinking they’re going to make a run at Gutierrez, and if they can’t call him, ZBG. If both can’t, then probably Morgan or Abzi

maybe even Godinho.

Edited by N1ckbr0wn

1 minute ago, El Diego said:

He has also played left back for Canadian youth teams, but he's just not good enough for the national team.

I'm just trying to find a way to get him into the squad because I strongly asserted in another thread that his NT days were likely over.

10 minutes ago, grigorio said:

This gonna feel like flashback to gold cups of old where goals are gonna be a struuuuuuuuuuuggle. 

We have the quality on paper to continue to bang in goals.

As much as I hate that Davies had to drop due to injury this scenario will test the coaching staff and make them think more about ways to create a system where the team can create chances.

It also allows things like Larin playing in his preferred position, which should give us a lift.

Just now, ag futbol said:

We have the quality on paper to continue to bang in goals.

As much as I hate that Davies had to drop due to injury this scenario will test the coaching staff and make them think more about ways to create a system where the team can create chances.

It also allows things like Larin playing in his preferred position, which should give us a lift.

It will definitely be a good opportunity for others to shine.  

Gutted for Davies, guy is a beast and a pure professional athlete that plays to win not participate. 

He had a significant ankle injury already playing in the Bundesliga, I wonder if it is the same ankle? Hopefully not that serious, glad he is being rocket shipped to Bayern's medical team to look after it. Last time the medical team there did a great job in the recovery, once recovered it appeared he did not miss a step.