Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

Barbados blows it 8-1 in a game where they weren't favoured, but should have been more competitive. We know how you feel Barbados, we know how you feel.

9 hours ago, MtlMario said:

I remember reading that this problem with non FIFA teams and not getting points was supposed to get fixed but have not heard anything since.

How long ago did you read that? Maybe the solution was meant to be using CONCACAF Rankings for World Cup Qualifying, like was apparently the original plan for 2022 qualifying. That would almost completely resolve the problem. The only issue then would be having a very slightly lower ranking for the World Cup Finals draw.

I think it's less of a big deal for a team that has qualified for the World Cup though, because that team would have just had a bunch of qualifying games in the final round, and of course done well enough in them to get a decent amount of ranking points. Not like the stretch from 2017 Gold Cup through the 2019 Gold Cup where something like 25% of Canada's competitive games were against non-FIFA teams. That number is off the top of my head. I think we played 1 of 4 2017 Gold Cup games, then 1 of 4 Nations League qualifying games, and then 1 of 4 2019 Gold Cup games against non-FIFA teams. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Ugh, just started watching the game (have been watching hockey) and T&T scored again. Keeper came way out to clear it, then T&T shot it from about 15 meters into the offensive half. Looked like the keeper was going to recover in time and then he tripped and fell and the ball sailed over him as he lay on the ground.

39 minutes ago, CanadianSoccerFan said:

It's hilarious to look at Bermuda's recent results. Losses of 6-0 and 5-1 intermixed with wins of 5-0 and 8-1.  Where else do you see a run of results like that?

They were in the same pot in WCQ draw. Probably should have been a closer match.

3 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This is terrible football. Montserrat looks awful I was hoping for more. 

I turned it off at 3-0.

I guess the games on July 6 will be better.

Today's games. Only the 1st match is on One Soccer's schedule due to conflicts with CPL matches. I expect them to show the last 2 matches for free on their Youtube channel.

The big question is will Cuba even make it.

image.png.3e6ddc2631fac7b9589678c7dfd6c8dc.png

10 hours ago, Kent said:

How long ago did you read that? Maybe the solution was meant to be using CONCACAF Rankings for World Cup Qualifying, like was apparently the original plan for 2022 qualifying. That would almost completely resolve the problem. The only issue then would be having a very slightly lower ranking for the World Cup Finals draw.

I think it's less of a big deal for a team that has qualified for the World Cup though, because that team would have just had a bunch of qualifying games in the final round, and of course done well enough in them to get a decent amount of ranking points. Not like the stretch from 2017 Gold Cup through the 2019 Gold Cup where something like 25% of Canada's competitive games were against non-FIFA teams. That number is off the top of my head. I think we played 1 of 4 2017 Gold Cup games, then 1 of 4 Nations League qualifying games, and then 1 of 4 2019 Gold Cup games against non-FIFA teams. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It's hard to say, maybe 1 to 2 years ago and no it wasn't about using CONCACAF points if I remember correctly. Sorry this f**cking  covid isolation stuff makes you lose track of time.😉