Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

20 minutes ago, narduch said:

The qualifying for the last 3 Gold Cup spots is exactly 1 week away. Not sure if One Soccer will be covering this. The winner of the Haiti bracket will join our group.

image.png.6817d400ad74a6117a9a0a8e978c400c.png

Bermuda has its A squad for the preliminaries including Nahki Wells. Will be an interesting matchup vs Haiti although Haiti still the favourites.

9 hours ago, An Observer said:

I hope someone like Flores looks and thinks playing with this core of highly talented young players between now and 2026 could be great for his career development as well as transformational for the country in which he was born.  Look at a country like Wales, they have two stars in Bales and Ramsey which they have surrounded with a capable cast which has taken them far in the last two Euros.  And arguably Davies and David could be even bigger in their primes in 2026 than those 2.  You add in Larin (he's not young but will be there in 2026), Jebbison, Flores, Buchanan, Corbeanu, Millar, Dias, Rutty, Akinola and these guys must think this would be a really fun group to develop with and be part of.  I can actually see the appeal even for someone like Flores choosing us over Mexico as they don't have two players to rival Davies and David nor probably such a good set of young attacking talent.  Start now and grow together into 2026.  Exciting.

Ps.  I know I will probably be hopelessly let down in another week.

Yeah but just gotta cap tie Flores, Jebbison, Singh, Akinola, etc and once you do that the golden generation for Canadian talent can continue on for at least a decade tops

53 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Wanna see it be Haiti 🇭🇹

I kind of just assumed it would be Haiti, but with Wells returning to Bermuda it could get interesting. I expect Haiti to advance though. The Haitians would be a better test for us, even with a returning Wells for Bermuda. 

5 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I kind of just assumed it would be Haiti, but with Wells returning to Bermuda it could get interesting. I expect Haiti to advance though. The Haitians would be a better test for us, even with a returning Wells for Bermuda. 

Bermuda ain’t shit…one player can’t be all the difference. 

I prefer to play Haiti again in a “one off”…beat em, and rid the memories of the past and their fans thinking they can compete with us. 

Show them, and everyone we’re on a new level, even with squad rotation.

1 hour ago, Shway said:

Jonathan Ikone - Lille was called up to the Olympic squad (non mandatory) for France after appearing with their U21 Euro finals.

I’m predicting David will be at the GC. 

I hope David is going. With David and Davies at the tournament, you would have to think it will be a more attractive proposition to Jebbison and Flores. Surely these guys would have to seriously consider getting on board at this point. A continental tournament, followed by the final round of WCQ, followed by a potential World Cup at the age of 17. They both wouldn't be that far off our senior team I don't think and would likely get some sub appearances during qualifying as well.

Edited by frmr

7 hours ago, Shway said:

Bermuda ain’t shit…one player can’t be all the difference. 

I prefer to play Haiti again in a “one off”…beat em, and rid the memories of the past and their fans thinking they can compete with us. 

Show them, and everyone we’re on a new level, even with squad rotation.

It’s not just one player - this is a much better squad than the one they used during WCQ (especially the final matches). They get Wells and Krichlow back, veteran leaders like Lambe and Leverock. I think Haiti is the favorite for sure but it won’t be a huge shock if Bermuda wins.

8 hours ago, Shway said:

Jonathan Ikone - Lille was called up to the Olympic squad (non mandatory) for France after appearing with their U21 Euro finals.

I’m predicting David will be at the GC. 

Can't wait to watch Gignac explode during each game as he finds himself wide open in the box watching helplessly as Ikone dribbles straight into three players

5 hours ago, Floortom said:

It’s not just one player - this is a much better squad than the one they used during WCQ (especially the final matches). They get Wells and Krichlow back, veteran leaders like Lambe and Leverock. I think Haiti is the favorite for sure but it won’t be a huge shock if Bermuda wins.

I’m really shocked they left out their 16 year old wonder kid Ajani Burchall. He’s been linked to huge clubs. Maybe he doesn’t want to play. I hope he does. A stronger reign makes things more exciting. #NOMOREMINNOWS 

Edited by SpecialK

16 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

I’m really shocked they left out their 16 year old wonder kid Ajani Burchall. He’s been linked to huge clubs. Maybe he doesn’t want to play. I hope he does. A stronger reign makes things more exciting. #NOMOREMINNOWS 

Yes he definitely doesn’t want to play for them yet. Same with Nathan Trott.

Glad to see Leverock back with them. His retirement made no sense just prior to these qualifiers, which they have a good shot in.

Edited by CanadaFan123

Just a thought…you guys think Herdman is leaving the choice up to some of the key guys who were at WCQ if they want to come or stay?

I feel like his charismatic approach to his relationship/leadership with the players makes me think he’s giving the key guys that option and building his team around them.

Davies, David….maybe Larin and Staq. Osorio might want to miss some games with TFC…I know Cavallini most definitely will. 

I feel like we should play a game of predict 10 guys, because even that will be hard. 

19 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Yes he definitely doesn’t want to play for them yet. Same with Nathan Trott.

Glad to see Leverock back with them. His retirement made no sense just prior to these qualifiers, which they have a good shot in.

I hope he’s not trying to get a English citizenship and boom england bond. I bet thought The Bermuda Federation hasn’t even talk to them. It would be great for him to be guided by Wells

39 minutes ago, SpecialK said:

No more minnows…. Well that’s a perfect world. However Concacaf as a region is making strides and would be a lot better with at least 15 of its 41 members being “competitive” through the tiered table. I believe it’s the nations league and Gold Cup will facilitate with this.

Maybe there will be some surprises. 

16 hours ago, frmr said:

I hope David is going. With David and Davies at the tournament, you would have to think it will be a more attractive proposition to Jebbison and Flores. Surely these guys would have to seriously consider getting on board at this point. A continental tournament, followed by the final round of WCQ, followed by a potential World Cup at the age of 17. They both wouldn't be that far off our senior team I don't think and would likely get some sub appearances during qualifying as well.

I sure hope so

7 hours ago, Shway said:

Just a thought…you guys think Herdman is leaving the choice up to some of the key guys who were at WCQ if they want to come or stay?

I feel like his charismatic approach to his relationship/leadership with the players makes me think he’s giving the key guys that option and building his team around them.

Davies, David….maybe Larin and Staq. Osorio might want to miss some games with TFC…I know Cavallini most definitely will. 

I feel like we should play a game of predict 10 guys, because even that will be hard. 

Given the campaign we are in, I think this is exactly what he will do.  When I predicted we would be taking an A team, it wasn’t meant that we would pressure guys who would prefer to stay with their clubs.  I think for the GC, Herdman would absolutely let players opt out if they felt they needed to.  I just think that he will give almost all of the A team players the option of coming, and most of them will take the chance.