Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

4 minutes ago, Bison44 said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I thought maybe I had missed some young CB with Montreal/Vancouver.  Is he officially/seriously switched etc or is it one of those, I'm open to calls kind of thing??  

To my knowledge he was officially going to be called up in March and had the roster been released he would have been on it.

Edited by Nate3322

5 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Actually in your lineup, I would take out Cavallini as your out and out striker and put David in that position...so David would be your CF and at CAM I would bring on Mark Anthony Kaye but other than that everything else I agree with

Kaye is not a 10 by any stretch of the imagination. Canada doesn't use one and the closest in MF is Osorio since David either plays a striker or as a winger in Herdman's system.

Edited by VinceA

8 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'd run a 5-3-2. Hoilett/Kaye/Eustaqio would be the go to substitutions. I like ZBG more than Layrea. But either is fine. I think Waterman will be a constant piece going forward and I think the likes of Zator and Didic will be a part of the defense too.

image.png.a35b2f660e95961e71431a5a654895b8.pngH

Imo I find this roster a bit on the weaker side, Didic while good isn't good enough to replace Henry/Vitoria, I like Oso and Piette but I feel that moving Arfield to the CAM position and playing Kaye and Eustaquio behind him would be stronger. Alternatively playing Arfield as the CAM and playing Oso and Eustaquio/Kaye as the holding midfielders would work as well.

Edited by Nate3322

17 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

Imo I find this roster a bit on the weaker side, Didic while good isn't good enough to replace Henry/Vitoria, I like Oso and Piette but I feel that moving Arfield to the CAM position and playing Kaye and Eustaquio behind him would be stronger. Alternatively playing Arfield as the CAM and playing Oso and Eustaquio/Kaye as the holding midfielders would work as well.

I actually can get behind this

32 minutes ago, VinceA said:

I'd run a 5-3-2. Hoilett/Kaye/Eustaqio would be the go to substitutions. I like ZBG more than Layrea. But either is fine. I think Waterman will be a constant piece going forward and I think the likes of Zator and Didic will be a part of the defense too.

image.png.a35b2f660e95961e71431a5a654895b8.pngH

I like this very much, especially the back 3. 

Cornelius and Waterman are ball playing centre backs with enough speed and athleticism to provide protection for Didic, who can win everything in the air. They are all around the same age so they can build chemistry over the years. 

3 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I like this very much, especially the back 3. 

Cornelius and Waterman are ball playing centre backs with enough speed and athleticism to provide protection for Didic, who can win everything in the air. They are all around the same age so they can build chemistry over the years. 

FACTS

28 minutes ago, Nate3322 said:

While I agree that Didic needs to move up a level, I think his style of play is perfect for that position in the heart of the back 3. That said, this position may also suit Henry and encourage him to play more conservatively as he'd be the last line of defense. Like Didic, he is great in the air and is a leader, except he plays at a higher level, so I don't have  problem with Didic being the understudy.

Those other spots really suit Cornelius and Waterman. Miller can fill in on the left for Cornelius and perhaps Zator on the right.

2 hours ago, Nate3322 said:

Im basing it on what Herdman likes. Osorio and Piette are his go-tos.

Rewatched the highlights of the 4-1 loss against US (don’t ask me why) and couldn’t help but think Vitoria and Henry were at fault (or shared the fault) for a few of the goals.

I think Cornelius and Vitoria gotta be the pair given they impressed in a few games together.

Henry has looked good on paper many times in his career and has done OK at club level but I’ve always felt he has been borderline brutal for the national team. 

But I think Herdman sticks with him none the less.

13 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Rewatched the highlights of the 4-1 loss against US (don’t ask me why) and couldn’t help but think Vitoria and Henry were at fault (or shared the fault) for a few of the goals.

I think Cornelius and Vitoria gotta be the pair given they impressed in a few games together.

Henry has looked good on paper many times in his career and has done OK at club level but I’ve always felt he has been borderline brutal for the national team. 

Vitoria is old and glued to the bench so I'd go with Henry right now. Miller has looked good too.

26 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Or instead I would go with a 4-5-1

GK- Borjan

LB- Miller

LCB- Cornelius

RCB- Waterman

RB- Brault Guillard 

LM- Davies

CDM- Piette

CM- Eustaquio

CM- Arfield

RM- Hoilett

CF- David

I personally don’t like David as a lone striker battling two centre backs all game. That’s not his strength. I think he plays better off a big man. I also don’t think we’re strong enough in possession yet to play without a target striker against good teams. Just my two cents

35 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Or instead I would go with a 4-5-1

GK- Borjan

LB- Miller

LCB- Cornelius

RCB- Waterman

RB- Brault Guillard 

LM- Davies

CDM- Piette

CM- Eustaquio

CM- Arfield

RM- Hoilett

CF- David

No cavalinni or Osorio. These guys deserve to start. 

15 hours ago, cronaldo7 said:

Yeah one of the things I noticed too.

Vitoria and Henry are the best CBs on paper, but they don't compliment each other well.

I think you need to pair Cornelius with who ever looks better.

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I personally don’t like David as a lone striker battling two centre backs all game. That’s not his strength. I think he plays better off a big man. I also don’t think we’re strong enough in possession yet to play without a target striker against good teams. Just my two cents

Okay but as far as target strikers David is as good as it gets because who would you rather have up there especially by themselves? David is better than Larin and especially Cavallini especially for 2021

1 hour ago, Mikmacdo said:

No cavalinni or Osorio. These guys deserve to start. 

I would obviously still have them in the 23 Man squad but Cavallini for me would come off the bench but for me it was between Osorio and Arfield...but Osorio I would have him come off the bench

21 minutes ago, TGAA_Star said:

Okay but as far as target strikers David is as good as it gets because who would you rather have up there especially by themselves? David is better than Larin and especially Cavallini especially for 2021

Ummmmm no David is not as good as it gets as a target striker because that is not a role he plays... Also, what do you mean especially Cavallini? The guy is easily our best target man, he's scored against Mexico, the US, Haiti. Not to mention he's had a pretty good club career so far. Automatic starter in my opinion.