Gold Cup 2021

Ansem

23 minutes ago, N1ckbr0wn said:

I’m a fan of a lot of their players (they’re close with a lot of our lads) but their fans I can’t stand one bit. I’ll always cheer against them 

Don’t mind Sams army but not sure about the others.  At the World Cup American fans seem mild mannered.  I would think they’d want Canada to win if it wasn’t against them. 

18 minutes ago, Floortom said:

I’ll be cheering for the US in the final (not something I would have expected), but I do think that Mexico will likely win a close match.

I'll always be a supporter of the US team (except against us), especially because their team gets so much shit from the casual fans on Twitter who bitch and moan about the MLS content when on the flipside our MLS guys are some of our best and we love them all.

I haven't seen a fanbase despise their own players since England.

Edited by VinceA

This is a limited US team, I said it on twitter yesterday they should be thrilled they made the finals with this roster....if they find a way to beat Mexico it'll be an ugly 1-0 game....

I think both the US and Canada have a lot of great things to take out of this tournament to head into the three WQC games in Sept...

13 hours ago, narduch said:

Apparently Qatar is coming to the 2023 Gold Cup as well.

Isnt there a conflict in 2023 w/the Asian Cup or at least some overlap?? Wonder if Qatar sends a B-Team to one of those tournaments...and what would a Qatar B-squad look like?? Not much depth at the moment

5 minutes ago, mrstepp817 said:

Isnt there a conflict in 2023 w/the Asian Cup or at least some overlap?? Wonder if Qatar sends a B-Team to one of those tournaments...and what would a Qatar B-squad look like?? Not much depth at the moment

This is a good point, I can see the B team happening but I don't think CONCACAF would be thrilled with this.

Edited by VinceA

1 hour ago, mrstepp817 said:

This is a limited US team, I said it on twitter yesterday they should be thrilled they made the finals with this roster....if they find a way to beat Mexico it'll be an ugly 1-0 game....

I think both the US and Canada have a lot of great things to take out of this tournament to head into the three WQC games in Sept...

This US roster is filled with players that will play regularly and start in the upcoming World Cup qualifying. US fans claiming this is their C squad is just them pushing how much better they are than other teams in the confederation. That is more like their B squad. Every team is missing some of their top players.

7 minutes ago, Ruffian said:

This US roster is filled with players that will play regularly and start in the upcoming World Cup qualifying. US fans claiming this is their C squad is just them pushing how much better they are than other teams in the confederation. That is more like their B squad. Every team is missing some of their top players.

I think there's a balance between USMNT Twitters constant "this is our D - squad!!" and the truth (that they are missing more of their high end talent than the other teams (particularly Mexico and Canada).  If you compare the lineup in the Nations league finals (that was their A team) to their gold cup roster the gap is pretty evident.