International Call-ups CPL

VinceA

1 hour ago, narduch said:

Wonder if Telfer can get another look from an MLS club with a strong Gold Cup.

Always felt he was good enough. Even if he isn't exactly tearing up the CPL.

Perhaps talented enough, but I wouldn’t say good enough. I keep waiting for things to click for him but he’s already 27 

13 hours ago, Aird25 said:

Perhaps talented enough, but I wouldn’t say good enough. I keep waiting for things to click for him but he’s already 27 

I feel like it's a very similar boat to someone like Mo Babouli, Jordan Hamilton, AJH. All of them were talented enough but never able to make enough of an impact to stick. 

(Hamilton is still 25, here's to hoping he has a Tyler Pasher-like redemption arc)

Edited by Pottsy3

Misread that. Strange question to ask. Think there's less chance of it happening in the context of the octagon with world cup qualification on the line than there would be if there was a low key game against the US Virgin Islands or some CONCACAF minnow like that which players based overseas were not keen to fly back for that was being used to see what some fringe players can do.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I came across this on a soccer forum with regards to The Philippines, seems like from someone with some insider knowledge (but like all things on the internet, take with a massive pinch of salt), just thought it may be of some interest to this thread:

"Right now all the high profile Canadians (Kadin Chung, Baldisimo brothers, and Pat Metcalfe) are committed or on their way to commit to the Azkals."

On 1/13/2022 at 3:31 PM, VinceA said:

Apparently Fiji are interested in Zach Verhoven. Would be a great addition for them.

That will give them a much higher chance to compete with New Zealand. They already have Roy Krishna up front but after that they need a bit more bite in other positions.

1 hour ago, mtlsab said:

William Akio has been called by South Sudan

Molham Babouli has been called by Syria

Interesting that Victor Loturi hasn’t been called up by South Sudan the last two times. Wonder if he’s decided to wait out his international future.

Babouli made his debut for Syria off the bench in the 76th minute in a 2-0 loss to the UAE.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/worldcup/qatar2022/qualifiers/afc/match-center/400181507

Akio also made his debut and played 90 minutes on the wing for South Sudan in a 3-0 loss to Uzbekistan.

https://www.national-football-teams.com/matches/report/33200/Uzbekistan_South_Sudan.html

South Sudan start their qualifying campaign for the 2023 AFCON in March with a two-legged playoff against Djibouti. The winner advances to the group stage with the rest of the teams. Ali Musse and Somalia will also play in the AFCON qualifying round against Eswatini.

Jordan vs South Sudan match forfeited following the confirmation of COVID-19 cases among the South Sudan delegation.

https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/mens/arabcup/arabcup2021/media-releases/fifa-arab-cup-2021-tm-qualification-match-between

Seven players and one team member of South Sudan were COVID positive.  A total of 19 players are currently in isolation.  Hopefully Akio (Valour) is ok.