Sign in to follow this  
narduch

Match Thread : CONCACAF League : CD Olimpia v Forge FC, August 29, 2019 - Round of 16 - 2nd Leg

I wonder if Cavalry had played against Olimpia, the result would have been different ..Anyway, for next year the representative of the CPl will be the strongest. There will no longer be the absurd rule of choosing between the 3 founding members.

10 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

I wonder if Cavalry had played against Olimpia, the result would have been different ..Anyway, for next year the representative of the CPl will be the strongest. There will no longer be the absurd rule of choosing between the 3 founding members.

I watched both Olimpia and Cavalry visit Tim Horton Field to play Forge in a space of 4 days, there was no comparison in the quality of teams, even though the score was the same in both matches! Cavalry do play a different style than Forge but I'm not convinced they would have got a different result over the 2 legs vs Olympia, if you are insinuating that Cavalry is a better team than Forge we will have to see how the full CPL season plays out before we can make that claim! Cavalry have one foot in the door to be able to try their luck in CONCACAF next season!

11 hours ago, xabuep2 said:

Unless the Whitecaps come along and snatch up a bunch of their players

10 hours ago, deschamp86 said:

Unless the Whitecaps come along and snatch up a bunch of their players

Yeah, this was the point I was going to make. This year's best team will be in next year's CONCACAF League. We don't yet know what kind of turnover would be normal for a CPL team, or if the best team will be able to maintain or improve their level from one year to the next. Hopefully the promise of continental competition will be a selling point to players.