Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Match Thread: Aug 24, 2019 - Pacific vs. Valour

OK, Petrasso earned a PK.  Dunfield may be onto something though.  PKs and Valour maybe to closely partnered for appearances but a PK is a PK.

Ohin got the ball, how that translates into a goal kick, I don't know.

Going to say exactly the same thing the Pacific support is going to say.  We've going to get behind their defence in the 2nd half. 

After a poor start, Galvis has done well.

Petrasso gets into a great postion on the edge of the box and then passes to Paolucci who is in a much worse position! Just adhering to the Valour motto I guess: "never shoot when you can pass".

There. One of the times I agree with Larson.  There is a clearly defined penalty area.  It' doesn't matter what quality of scoring chance is immediately available to the attacker, what matters is he is in the penalty area.  Defender, tread carefully.  Or not. 

Despite my complaints so far about the broadcast, the camera angle, the referee, Marcos Bustos' right foot, etc., I'm much happier to be watching this match than the "All-Canadian" TFC-Impact derby featuring a grand total of 2 Canadians in the starting lineups.

Edited by jonovision

Just now, Lofty said:

I actually thought Valour shaded that first half. 1S panel seems to disagree. Guess I'm biased!

Valour looked really rough in the first 5-10 minutes. From that point on they were the more dangerous team. Thomas with another strong half.

Just now, jonovision said:

Valour looked really rough in the first 5-10 minutes. From that point on they were the more dangerous team. Thomas with another strong half.

Exactly. The half is 45 mins, not 10.

Aha! Validated by the stats!!

Speaking of laughing out loud, I love listening to Forge manager Bobby S.  He just needs to throw in an "eh?" or "Buddy" in 'ere or dere and he makes my week.  Love that guy.  Buy him a beer!