2019 Premiere Ligue de Soccer du Quebec

Dicdan

well, i see it has few coverage about the league so i decided to create one...

standings atm

1st AS Blainville
2nd CS Mont-Royal Outremont
3rd Dynamo de Quebec
4th CS Saint-Hubert
5th CS Fabrose
6th CS Monteuil
7th CS Longueuil
8th FC Lanaudière
9th FC Gatineau

============================

top scores

11 goals
Papouche Mayard 

10 goals
Bonano Gnenago

9 goals
Mohamed Diallo
Adama Sissoko

8 goals
Felipe

standings

1st AS Blainville...............34 pts
2nd CS Mont-Royal Outremont.....34 pts
3rd Dynamo de Quebec............27 pts
4th CS Saint-Hubert.............24 pts
5th CS Fabrose..................23 pts
6th CS Monteuil.................23 pts
7th CS Longueuil................09 pts
8th FC Lanaudière...............08 pts
9th FC Gatineau.................02 pts

standings

1st AS Blainville...............37 pts
2nd CS Mont-Royal Outremont.....37 pts
3rd Dynamo de Quebec............27 pts
4th CS Fabrose..................26 pts
5th CS Saint-Hubert.............24 pts
6th CS Monteuil.................24 pts
7th CS Longueuil................10 pts
8th FC Lanaudière...............08 pts
9th FC Gatineau.................02 pts

=====================================================================

top scorers

13 goals
Felipe (Fabrose)

11 goals
Papouche Mayard (Blainville)
Adama Sissoko (Mont-Royal Outremont)

10 goals
Mouad ouzane (Mont-Royal Outremont)
Bonano Gnenago (Dynamo de Quebec)
Mohamed Diallo (Monteuil)

=====================================================================

last fixture results

august 31st
Lanaudiere 0 - 4 Fabrose
Monteuil 2 - 2 Longueuil
Gatineau 0 - 2 Blainville

september 1st
Mont-Royal Outremont 2 - 1 Saint-Hubert

Felipe Costa De Souza took the scoring title away from Mayard and Sissoko with 4 goals in the last game wow..Balbinotti the former Ottawa player scored 4 in 9 with Lanaudiere and they have the last game left which is against the Longueuil of Moojen who also got 4 but in 11..turning 37 wouldnt be surprised if its the end of the road for him after the indoor season

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Big_M said:

Huge news on PLSQ side..Gatineau is out..and negotiations are ongoing for keeping Dynamo de Québec

http://justesoccer.com/quebec/plsq/le-fc-gatineau-quitte-la-plsq-pour-lontario/

Using Google Translate, it seems like they will be playing OCSL (Ottawa Carleton Soccer League) next year as it was deemed too expensive for them to stay in PLSQ

So if Dynamo stay (and everything else stays the same) there will be 8 teams next year. Without Dynamo only 7 teams.

Hopefully they can get some new teams. I wonder if getting CPL teams would create more demand, or less demand for new teams in PLSQ.

There are multiple aspects:

Financial: how will teams survive on the financial side..Soccer Quebec tells Gatineau to stop making their plsq players pay and they move on from the league..Dynamo having issues also

Quality player pool: how big is the ''semi pro quality'' player pool..if you are adding cpl teams you probably have a few joining from plsq or who would have played in plsq..so is the pool big enough that the quality doesnt go down if you add cpl or plsq teams..and if we say there are 8 currently, 7 are from the greater montreal area..1-2 teams are very weak every year so better to not add teams in that area..see if sherbrooke trois-rivières....have the pool and interest to join

How are clubs run in PLSQ?

In L1O many clubs are extensions of the local soccer club (Vaughan, Woodbridge, Alliance, UMSC for example) or are the top team of private academies (Sigma, Masters etc).  This means that the parents of kids playing U4 all the way up to U18 are backing the L1O team.  

Are PLSQ clubs owned like the unsanctioned CSL clubs?  I can see how private ownership at this can lead to financial difficulty.   

10 hours ago, Stouffvillain said:

How are clubs run in PLSQ?

In L1O many clubs are extensions of the local soccer club (Vaughan, Woodbridge, Alliance, UMSC for example) or are the top team of private academies (Sigma, Masters etc).  This means that the parents of kids playing U4 all the way up to U18 are backing the L1O team.  

Are PLSQ clubs owned like the unsanctioned CSL clubs?  I can see how private ownership at this can lead to financial difficulty.   

Don’t be surprised to see a couple of these L1O teams that are extensions of local youth clubs fold before the 2020 L1O seasons starts. I’m already hearing that a few bone headed board members of a few of these clubs don’t think that money from registration fee of players from 4 to 18 should go into funding their L1O team. They think these L1O teams should be self sufficient on their own without being funded by registration money from their 4 to 18 youth players . Good luck with that lol. You fund your L10 team with registration money because you have an L1O team to give your youth players something to shoot for when they get to an age where they can play for the L1O team. However, these board members who have no clue would rather just have a club with no end game for the youth players within their club with no team to play for once a player reaches 18. We are basically talking about no more than say 10 dollars a player of registration money going to fund an L1O Ontario team for a lot of these youth clubs that have on average close to 3 to 5000 or more registered players. But when as usual you have people sitting on youth club boards that have no clue , you get decisions made that in the end hurt the game rather than help the game in this country.

Edited by SoccMan

That’s sad if true. I thought we were past that and things were changing. 

I see it the same way you do. So long that money was going into peoples pockets instead of something productive for the game. Now more than ever parents are spending time and money to try to get there kids into professional sports. It is a selling feature to parents and kids who may not have the money to pay for private academies. 

5 minutes ago, Stouffvillain said:

I see it the same way you do. So long that money was going into peoples pockets instead of something productive for the game. Now more than ever parents are spending time and money to try to get there kids into professional sports. It is a selling feature to parents and kids who may not have the money to pay for private academies. 

Totally agree but unfortunately you get these board members who for whatever reason don’t see it like you and I. I truly believe leagues like L1O are a great place for players to keep on playing and develop and hopefully make the next step to a league like the CPL . In the end it really is not a huge cost for some of these big youth soccer clubs to run an L1O team. If a  club has 3000 or more registered players I see no reason why it could not run an L1O team and yes you fund it by having a certain amount of the registration fee go to the L1O team.

45 minutes ago, Kent said:

Second most populous province and they are down to 7 teams. That’s disappointing. If CPL does end up owning the league I hope it actually gives a bit more financial stability to these clubs.

It's at 8 men's teams and 7 women's teams. The thing that is disappointing the most is that no team is outside of the Greater Montreal area. 

• 3 weeks later...
On October 31, 2019 at 10:19 PM, Stouffvillain said:

Generally, the board of directors of community clubs is made up parents of players. In most cases, these individuals are on the board just to make sure that the team their child are with have what they need. They don't care about the big picture and will generally be against "funding" the flagship team of the club. Such mindset makes it very difficult to support semipro teams.

Edited by vrowley