Match Thread: August 17, 2019 - York9 v Pacific

narduch

23 minutes ago, Mikmacdo said:

Campbell looked really good, he should probably get sold after the season....

If he's out of contract at that point, he'll be able to sign for whoever wants him on a free transfer. Transfermarkt who normally seem to know when contracts expire, have no info on that:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/terran-campbell/profil/spieler/385645

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

32 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

If he's out of contract at that point, he'll be able to sign for whoever wants him on a free transfer. Transfermarkt who normally seem to know when contracts expire, have no info on that:

https://www.transfermarkt.com/terran-campbell/profil/spieler/385645

I don't know about Campbell specifically, but I've heard most CPL contracts have a club option for next season. The way Pacific management has been talking I can't imagine them blocking a move to a bigger league right now, but they might ask for a fee

On 8/17/2019 at 2:21 PM, narduch said:

Verhoven with the empty netter to make it 2-0 and seal it for PFC.

That was a pretty spectacular "empty netter". Pretty sure that will stand for a while as the goal from the longest distance for PFC. 

22 hours ago, Aird25 said:

I don't know about Campbell specifically, but I've heard most CPL contracts have a club option for next season. The way Pacific management has been talking I can't imagine them blocking a move to a bigger league right now, but they might ask for a fee

At the STH event last week they talked about selling players as part of the business strategy going forward. For some reason it sounds like the league has tried to force short contracts. Hopefully there is some sort of option/extension that allows for some sort of transfer fee.