Match Thread: August 17, 2019 - York9 v Pacific

narduch

I’m glad Aparicio is back, we should’ve won last week and probably would’ve done if he were in the lineup. Also, I’m glad to see that they appear to have realized that they need to put some people in the stand facing the camera. Beautiful day, a chance to move up the table, let’s hope people turn up. 

Was at the game , attendance was maybe 2500 the main stand was like 70% full , I don’t know what that main stand can hold when full though. But the crowd was ok a decent turnout. The only negative is that the crowd needs to get into it more, I mean even when York 9 was trying to get the equalizer in the last 10 minutes the crowd was out of it, usually your team gets a corner or a crucial free kick and the crowd gets going, but nothing from this crowd it’s like they were just there but not into the game which is a shame . In terms of York 9 on the field but I’m sorry they need to do better, I think the talent is there should be doing a lot better than they are doing. Yes I’m not a Brennan fan and this is all on Brennan, it’s time to go and let Isaaco coach! 

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Main stand holds around 3000.

Ok thanks well around 2000 more or less then, the base of fans seems to be there for this organization to grow upon, however, like any sports team winning will put people in the seats and there is no excuse in my mind why this team has not done better with the players they have .

Let’s keep in mind now I realize it’s 2019 and people reading newspapers or even listening to regular mainstream radio or even watching your local tv station is not what it use to be. People get their news, music and sports delivered to them in many different ways, but I’m sure a lot of people might still be watching regular TV, or still reading newspapers or even still turning on a regular local radio station. My point in all this , when it comes to regular TV, newspapers and radio you will find nothing about York 9 nothing at all, therefore, the fact that even 2000 people are coming out to most games is remarkable if you think about it.