Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Forge FC v CD Olimpia, August 22, 2019 - Round of 16 - 1st Leg

According to Ticketmaster this morning, the east side stand (lower part) and club seats on the west (the only two areas opened for this match) are sold out? That would make it about 5,000 tickets sold, sorry that should be distributed;) We have our seats in 115 instead of our usual 104. Bob Young, TiCats/Forge owner, sent out a video about the match, how historic it is. Can't help but feel excited and really looking forward to this match.

1 hour ago, RickC said:

According to Ticketmaster this morning, the east side stand (lower part) and club seats on the west (the only two areas opened for this match) are sold out? That would make it about 5,000 tickets sold, sorry that should be distributed;) We have our seats in 115 instead of our usual 104. Bob Young, TiCats/Forge owner, sent out a video about the match, how historic it is. Can't help but feel excited and really looking forward to this match.

I still see a lot of tickets available, but 115 seems to be sold out. Hopefully they continue to sell well.

Bob Young was on our local talk radio station last week to talk about Forge and specifically the significance of this match, obviously a bit of promotion for his team, it was a good listen until the host hijacked it into a Tiger Cat discussion which Young clearly wasn't on to talk about! He may be exaggerating things a bit but Young proclaimed "this may be the biggest match played at Tim Horton Field until the 2021 Grey Cup"!

4 hours ago, Kent said:

I have the day off work so I'll be able to come to the game from Toronto. I'm just waiting to see if I should buy 1, 2, or 3 tickets.

With an 8 pm kickoff, I'm coming to the game from Toronto after work ... assuming I figure out how to get from the Hamilton GO Centre to Timmies.

13 hours ago, nfitz said:

With an 8 pm kickoff, I'm coming to the game from Toronto after work ... assuming I figure out how to get from the Hamilton GO Centre to Timmies.

If you take the train/bus combo to the Hunter Street GO station you can catch the #1King, #2 Barton or #3 Cannon Eastbound and they will take you close to the stadium!

7 hours ago, narduch said:

They won't do anything unless it happens in the Concacaf League

Precisely what happened at the same stage a year ago when the fans launched a firework on to the pitch and a piece of it hit an opposing player in the face.  They received a stadium ban.  Incident happens at the 9:38 mark of video

Edited by CanadianSoccerFan

This should be very concerning for Concacaf and Fifa for that matter, if Forge have to play in this venue where this violence has recently and frequently happened and something bad comes down I could see a massive lawsuit! The 30 foot fence with barbed wire at the top to keep fans off the pitch in Guatemala City was a reminder of what we are dealing with in this region, Honduras is way worse from what I know!

Spoke with a ticket rep today, expecting 5K which they consider a success for a game with short selling window that is not included in the season ticket package. I agree. Really looking forward to this match. If you're on the fence...make it happen.

He also referenced conflicting youth practices and games on Thursday (and weekday evenings in general) are holding back sales. Highlights how important an agreement with local youth associations are, see Halifax. Albeit, I doubt there is any way to accommodate a cup game schedule a few weeks in advance. 

Really happy TSN is showing the game live. Good on them 

I think the best advert possible for this league would be if Forge was able to punch its way in to the Champions League. It would also make a strong argument for at least a 2nd CPL team to be added next year. 

Looking at the structure, the most natural thing would be to expand it from 22 to 24 teams

Sending over some positive energy to Hamilton from Vancouver! Go get em