Match Thread: August 14, 2019 - Cavalry FC v Montreal Impact - Semi-Finals, 2nd Leg

Cavalry were missing some key pieces, couldn't finish on their opportunities. Great atmosphere at the game. Took my 19 yr old daughter and she quite enjoyed it. BTW, I look at Mtl's roster and have a hard time at first glance seeing 3 starting Cdns. Only Shome and Jackson-Hamel fit the bill. Who was the 3rd starter?

6 minutes ago, Ed_S said:

Cavalry were missing some key pieces, couldn't finish on their opportunities. Great atmosphere at the game. Took my 19 yr old daughter and she quite enjoyed it. BTW, I look at Mtl's roster and have a hard time at first glance seeing 3 starting Cdns. Only Shome and Jackson-Hamel fit the bill. Who was the 3rd starter?

Bayiha.

20 hours ago, Lofty said:

Massive props to the Impact fans who travelled to Calgary to support their team.

Respect.

It’s always fun to meet the Quebec diaspora. Cavalry fans were pretty much respectful except for the one person who was cheeky to plant a red smoke bomb at our stands. The most comical thing was when security guards pulled us aside and wanted to know why we did it and threatened ejection. Montreal President was with us and he unpleasantly chirped “the color was red, we are blue.” Guess security still has a lot to learn on Soccer culture 101. 

I expect tensions to be rowdier this weekend for the AL Classico derby

Edited by Moldy9

16 hours ago, Moldy9 said:

my video from yesterday’s amazing game. Spruce Meadows is an enjoyable experience. Enjoy!

I had forgotten about the soccer zamboni's, but I noticed that too. Hopefully they can install a sprinkler system sooner rather than later.

Good game for Cavalry though. I was hoping the sold out crowd would at least get a home goal to cheer for. It always makes for a more memorable experience for that person who was at their first game.