Match Thread: August 14, 2019 - Toronto FC v Ottawa Fury - Semi-Finals, 2nd Leg

2 hours ago, dyslexic nam said:

I am torn.  I want Fury to lose because... Fury.  But I don't want to TFC to pound them because they did get past HFX so that wouldn't reflect well on CPL.  Maybe another 2-0 win by TFC...?

I am also torn. I want Fury to lose because... Fury, but I want TFC to lose because... TFC.

Best of both worlds, lets have a 2-0 Fury "victory" forcing PKs and then have 5-million or so rounds of PKs so whoever moves ahead to go up against Cavalry will just have finished this match's PKs and still be exhausted...

Totally not going to happen (there's probably a limit to the number of PKs before they flip a coin), but Cavalry could use an advantage when they beat Montreal and go to the finals.

47 minutes ago, Lofty said:

I see no fury. What is the opposite of Fury? Calm?

I think they should change their name to Ottawa Calm. 😉

That was supposed to be "their best team" in years...and they got smoked by TFC reserves twice in a row while CPL forced their opponents to take them seriously.

So JDG is a shit GM (great player though)and being in CPL would have just further exposed him not having MLS loans as crutch... I'd push back too 🤣

The team has really struggled the past 4-6 games in the USL which could be put down to the loss of the main striker, Mour Samb, and really a lack of depth in the squad.  Honestly don't think it will get any better as the season goes along.  The non-Canadians brought in started off very well (e.g. Fall, Ward) and have fallen off or just been not that good to start with.  What is most disappointing is that some of the ex-Impact and TFC players on the team just aren't cutting it either and as much as it disappoints me to say it, all Canadians too.  So no, this is not the "best team" in years.  We've only had one really good team and that was in the NASL days and a few of them are now based at Spruce Meadows.   

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

That was supposed to be "their best team" in years...and they got smoked by TFC reserves twice in a row while CPL forced their opponents to take them seriously.

So JDG is a **** GM (great player though)and being in CPL would have just further exposed him not having MLS loans as crutch... I'd push back too 🤣

I really hope that next year they aren't gifted a spot in the Quarter Finals. If the format stays the same that spot should go to the CPL champs.

Fury should have to start in the 1st round.

From next season, there should be a preliminary round between the L1O and PLQ reps, followed by a ten team First Round with the winner, plus 8 CanPL and Ottawa. This gives us the 5 winners, plus MLS3 for the QF round. It really should be that simple. Anything other than this, I'd advocate boycotts, riots, or worse.