Match Thread: August 10, 2019 - Edmonton v Pacific

narduch

1 hour ago, Aird25 said:

I haven’t been able to watch the game yet, but this time Pacific started with one defender on the pitch?!?!? This is crazy, at any level of soccer and something needs to change. 

Carrying only five subs also looks very bush league. It would be one thing if it was a one off but surely even a promising local teen could benefit from traveling along and training with the pros. I mean, isn't this kind of opportunity for young Canadians exactly what this league is meant to provide?

Holy moley, Ongaro with an assist and 2 goals, and probably could have had 3-4 more with a little luck.  If he had done the robot celebration I would have confused him with Peter Crouch.  Is this kid legit??  Exactly the kind of thing I had hoped would happen, 21 year old late bloomer or maybe ignored kid showcasing what he can do with a unique skill set.  Herdman/Biello should have some interesting decisions to make when picking the u-23 players.  

As for Pacific, dont they still have 4-5 guys hurt??  I though that is why they have the short bench? 

1 hour ago, Bison44 said:

Holy moley, Ongaro with an assist and 2 goals, and probably could have had 3-4 more with a little luck.  If he had done the robot celebration I would have confused him with Peter Crouch.  Is this kid legit??  Exactly the kind of thing I had hoped would happen, 21 year old late bloomer or maybe ignored kid showcasing what he can do with a unique skill set.  Herdman/Biello should have some interesting decisions to make when picking the u-23 players.  

As for Pacific, dont they still have 4-5 guys hurt??  I though that is why they have the short bench? 

He looked pretty good, but let's wait to see if he can do it against a team with more than one healthy defender.