Match Thread: August 10, 2019 - HFX Wanderers v Cavalry

narduch

1 hour ago, narduch said:

This is a great showcase for the league to have on CBC. The best intimate stadium atmosphere in the league. And the best team in the league. 

Agree! It’s a shame Cavs will be sitting a lot of their quality.

Yea agreed Oxner is 'the man'. 

Other thoughts: Both teams had their chances. Either could have broken the draw several times. My ole pal Skublack looked like a deer in headlights. Nice to have zoom back the lad can run!

Was one of the more entertaining 0-0 draws I have watched. 

Nice send off for Schaale at the end - he came over to the kitchen and we did a viking clap. He will be missed.......

Isnt it awesome we have a league now?    lol

It’s still amazing to me that Christian Oxner likely wouldn’t have had a professional career in soccer if it weren’t for this league. If Halifax has a hidden gem like him, you’d have to imagine there’s many more communities across the country where guys just need an opportunity.

4 hours ago, Pottsy3 said:

It’s still amazing to me that Christian Oxner likely wouldn’t have had a professional career in soccer if it weren’t for this league. If Halifax has a hidden gem like him, you’d have to imagine there’s many more communities across the country where guys just need an opportunity.

Ongaro in Edmonton, Attardo in WPG, Pebble in Calgary, so many good stories like this.  Whether these guys can take these chances and turn them into a solid carer is a tougher row to hoe.  But so far the CPL is finding kids that no one else was even looking at.