Valour FC - World's Worst Club

Binky

If they'd been given that deserved penalty and scored it (which I somehow think they would not have), no one would call them the worst or even near it. 

I was just researching this a bit online as others are doing, and one of the good ones is that Pescara season in Serie A where they got one win all season--but it was a game they actually lost but were given a 3-0 in their favor because the rival fielded an ineligible player. 

Average ticket price in English Premier League is £31 - 12 Dec 2018

https://www.premierleague.com/news/941050

Even though the following information is 6 years old, wouldn't you rather pay £15.79 to watch the stars of Futbol Club Barcelona play at Camp Nou, or  £30.00 to see Manchester United Football Club at Old Trafford, than shelling out $20.98 to watch whatever Valour FC puts on the pitch at IG Field?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/17/football-ticket-prices-premier-league-europe

Edited by Binky

2 hours ago, Binky said:

Wow Robert...that's amazing. You used an article from 2016 to prove the CPL is the worst league in the world. I have no idea why something doesn't jive here but maybe you can enlighten me. You rank right up there with BBtB for biggest douchebag...and that's currently btw. You off your meds again?

4 hours ago, Binky said:

Average ticket price in English Premier League is £31 - 12 Dec 2018

https://www.premierleague.com/news/941050

Even though the following information is 6 years old, wouldn't you rather pay £15.79 to watch the stars of Futbol Club Barcelona play at Camp Nou, or  £30.00 to see Manchester United Football Club at Old Trafford, than shelling out $20.98 to watch whatever Valour FC puts on the pitch at IG Field?

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2013/jan/17/football-ticket-prices-premier-league-europe

Considering that this is a Canadian soccer forum, I feel that the vast majority are fine with paying $20 to watch a lower tier that is trying the elevate the game in our country. Terrible take

Hmm, worst team in CPL, but probably the best paid attendance (as I hear sifting through various parrot droppings Forge has substantial give aways and deals).  Imagine if we won a few games.  Is it bad I am already thinking about next year??  

4 hours ago, Terry_Canuck said:

From the BBC, this puts Valour's run in perspective:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49186402

Cheers,

Terry

Not really. The opening post of this thread read as follows: If the CPL is the world's worst national league, then Valour FC has to be the undisputed world's worst club!

The second part of that post is an indisputable fact. Valour FC is the worst club in the CPL. So far, there has not been any evidence presented here that would disprove the first part of that post. Maybe, if Cavalry FC ends up beating both the Impact and Toronto FC, that the CPL can claim that the MLS is a worse league than the CPL, but until that happens the CPL will still be the worst national soccer league in North America, and with CONCACAF being the worst confederation in the world, I maintain that Valour FC has to be the undisputed world's worst soccer club!

5 hours ago, Binky said:

Not really. The opening post of this thread read as follows: If the CPL is the world's worst national league, then Valour FC has to be the undisputed world's worst club!

The second part of that post is an indisputable fact. Valour FC is the worst club in the CPL. So far, there has not been any evidence presented here that would disprove the first part of that post. Maybe, if Cavalry FC ends up beating both the Impact and Toronto FC, that the CPL can claim that the MLS is a worse league than the CPL, but until that happens the CPL will still be the worst national soccer league in North America, and with CONCACAF being the worst confederation in the world, I maintain that Valour FC has to be the undisputed world's worst soccer club!

What are you smoking? There is literally no evidence that CPL is the world's worst national league

On 8/7/2019 at 1:35 AM, Binky said:

Very credible article... spells Colombia as Columbia.  Scotland predictably ranked as the worst league in the world... even though they're not even the worst league in the UK.  

You may need a geography lesson.  Even the DR Congo league doesn't belong on that list.  CPL is a lot closer to the top leagues than the worst leagues if we're doing a worldwide scale from 1-200.  

CPL is probably higher than the CMNT's ranking.. fact.

59 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

CPL is a lot closer to the top leagues than the worst leagues if we're doing a worldwide scale from 1-200. 

Just out of curiosity, where would you rank the Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala? Would they be a lot closer to the top leagues than the worst leagues if we're doing a worldwide scale from 1-200?

WOW! Maybe the CPL is better then I thought. Kick Algorithms has the CPL ranked at 77th in the world, just slightly ahead of the Campeonato Caboverdiano de Futebol (Cape Verde Islands League).

https://www.kickalgor.com/

Would anyone here pay $20 for the cheapest ticket to watch a Cape Verdian championship match? If there's enough interest, I'm willing to organize a tour for the next Sporting Clube da Praia vs CS Mindelense clash, which should be a real doozy!

18 minutes ago, Binky said:

Would anyone here pay $20 for the cheapest ticket to watch a Cape Verdian championship match? If there's enough interest, I'm willing to organize a tour for the next Sporting Clube da Praia vs CS Mindelense clash, which should be a real doozy!

If it featured professional Canadian players? Absolutely

8 hours ago, Binky said:

Are you unhinged? Do you seriously think that the CPL is worse than say... the Haitian or Grenadian leagues? 

1) If you do, you’re out to lunch; and,

2) If you don’t, you’re just a troll so get lost.

3 hours ago, Binky said:

Just out of curiosity, where would you rank the Liga Nacional de Fútbol de Guatemala? Would they be a lot closer to the top leagues than the worst leagues if we're doing a worldwide scale from 1-200?

Well considering the second best team in CPL beat their champion 4 months into existence I would rank it around CPL.  That same league had 2-3 players in the last World Cup.  Guatemalan teams have also beat MLS and Liga MX teams so they’re no slouches.

I think top 50 (top divisions only) wouldn’t be far off.  

I understand you may be new to football so I’ll be patient with you. 😀

21 minutes ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Well considering the second best team in CPL beat their champion 4 months into existence I would rank it around CPL.  That same league had 2-3 players in the last World Cup.  Guatemalan teams have also beat MLS and Liga MX teams so they’re no slouches.

I think top 50 (top divisions only) wouldn’t be far off.  

I understand you may be new to football so I’ll be patient with you. 😀

I may be new to football, but I do know that the second best team in the CPL hasn't beat their champion yet. It's only halftime and the second best team in CPL is only up one goal, after having had the home-field advantage in the first half. Knowledgeable soccer supporters like you and Ted must surely know that the game's not over until the final whistle has sounded, right?

4 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

CPL is a lot closer to the top leagues than the worst leagues if we're doing a worldwide scale from 1-200.

What do you base this on? Do you having any facts to support such a statement, or is this just based on a wild assumption?

Facts, please?