Match Thread: August 7, 2019 - Ottawa Fury v Toronto FC - Semi-Finals, 1st Leg

Match is at 7:30pm ET on One Soccer.

This is the 3rd straight year these teams have met in the Semis.

TFC may be ripe for the picking. They lost their league game this past weekend and are expected to heavily rotate their squad. Many of the players expected to start played in TFC II's last match and were embarrassed. 

Edited by narduch

This is TFC's starting 11 at Ottawa from last year. As mentioned a number of first team players including five in the picture below suited up in TFCII's 4-1 loss last Wednesday and I full expect to see them, Zavaletta, Chapman (CDN), Fraiser (CDN) Akinola (CDN?) and Morgan (CDN) in action at the Fury. This group alone would meet the Canadian starter mandate set by the CSA, Also would not be surprised to see Noble Okello make his first team debut. With a big division matchup at home vs. Orlando on Saturday, I don't expect to see many of the regular starters plus the turf will come into play as a player like Erickson Gallardo is coming off a quad strain. I would say the Reds would be quite happy to take a 1-0 lead into the home leg just like last year. 

image.png.3ee3a3357bdf3a8acbaab99bc60eeb40.png

2 hours ago, Cblake said:

This is TFC's starting 11 at Ottawa from last year. 

Should note that the match is being shown live on One Soccer. The RPB forum is full of disinformation. 

Edited by narduch

4 minutes ago, narduch said:

Should note that the match is being shown live on One Soccer. The RPB forum is full of disinformation. 

Its been totally talked about being shown on One Soccer. Will be interesting due to it apparently being shown on delay if TFC gets a deal with the CSA to stream it live through their website. Apparently MLSE is showing it live at a private party, so we shall see.

9 hours ago, Cblake said:

Its been totally talked about being shown on One Soccer. Will be interesting due to it apparently being shown on delay if TFC gets a deal with the CSA to stream it live through their website. Apparently MLSE is showing it live at a private party, so we shall see.

There are alot of misinformed posts stating the game will not be on live. But it will be live.

One Soccer has shown all the Voyageur Cup games live, including those that overlapped.

One poster made a mistake by reading the schedule for the 24 hour channel.

Looks like the firsg leg will be well attended. Only 5 seats left throughout the middle 5 sections, all singles. And looks like maybe 80 tickets or so left in non GA sections.

Keep in mind I don't think this match is part of the season ticket holder package. MLS opposition usually brings in more fans, though with diminishing returns in the past years.

Hoping for a good night under the lights with a positive Fury result with which to go back to BMO!

Though the Fury are greatly improved this year, they have been struggling of late, especially in central defence it seems, which is usually a club strength.

Offensively, they just added a striker with a great scoring rate in USL, so hopefully that adds another threat.

8 hours ago, Sébastien said:

Looks like the firsg leg will be well attended. Only 5 seats left throughout the middle 5 sections, all singles. And looks like maybe 80 tickets or so left in non GA sections.

Keep in mind I don't think this match is part of the season ticket holder package. MLS opposition usually brings in more fans, though with diminishing returns in the past years.

Hoping for a good night under the lights with a positive Fury result with which to go back to BMO!

Though the Fury are greatly improved this year, they have been struggling of late, especially in central defence it seems, which is usually a club strength.

Offensively, they just added a striker with a great scoring rate in USL, so hopefully that adds another threat.

Just a minor correction, it is included in the season ticket. Well, mine anyways.

On 8/5/2019 at 12:31 AM, Cblake said:

Confirmation from One Soccer that it will be shown live. 

Edited by narduch

18 minutes ago, Kent said:

It sucks this game overlaps with the Cavalry match. TFC is my MLS team, but CPL trumps them. Maybe I'll open two browsers on my single, small monitor.

Ya. My laptop only has a 13-inch screen and will probably open a 2nd window in Chrome.

If one game gets out of hand I may just turn it off.

On 8/5/2019 at 10:28 PM, Sébastien said:

Interesting! I thought it usually was just one Cup game per package. I stand corrected!

I believe my seasons tickets have included both Voyageurs Cups games every year. Of late, it's only been one Champions League game though.

So we now TFC are relegated to OneSoccer?

I wasted my free preview months ago, before realising that they didn't support either Roku or Fire Stick. I guess I'll have to pony up.

Where do TFC Season Ticket Holders find their promo code?

Edited by nfitz

9 hours ago, nfitz said:

I believe my seasons tickets have included both Voyageurs Cups games every year. Of late, it's only been one Champions League game though.

So we now TFC are relegated to OneSoccer?

I wasted my free preview months ago, before realising that they didn't support either Roku or Fire Stick. I guess I'll have to pony up.

Where do TFC Season Ticket Holders find their promo code?

Ah, so that solves the confusion. You are talking about the 2nd leg being included in the TFC season ticket package. Sebastien was talking about the 1st leg not being included in the Ottawa Fury season ticket package.

2 hours ago, Mikmacdo said:

I dont like this lineup for TFC. Why waste Moors old legs on this turf?

Morrow and Morgan starting? 

Laryea-Zavs-Moor-Morrow

—————Fraser——————-

Endoh-Delgado-Benezet-Morgan

————-Mullins———-

Because Moor is 3rd choice CB now behind Mavinga and Gonzalez. Morrow can play because of his red card keeping him out of the next MLS game.

It was a weak lineup, which is hardly surprising given how the Champions League went when they said they were more concerned with making the playoffs than with the Champions League. Now they are on the bubble for the playoffs, so I hardly expected a strong lineup in the Canadian Championship.

Now that the game is done though, they've found themselves with a healthy lead. I'm not sure Vanney actually wanted that, but it's good for us fans.