Match Thread : CONCACAF League : Antigua GFC v Forge FC, August 8, 2019 - Preliminary Round - 2nd Leg

1 minute ago, Stryker911 said:

What would it take for TSN to actually show one of these matches? They already have the feed all they need to do is bump some other program that no-one is watching to throw this on. On Tuesday there was actually dodgeball on at 8pm. 

Its very petty, for both legs the guide had it on an hour earlier than it actually aired.  If you were taping it you would have missed it, and if you were staying up (me both times) it is maddening wondering if its just late or they arent going to air it at all.  I hope TSN grows up before the next matches.  

TSN has CFL matches on Thursday, so I don't expect those to be moved.

TSN2 usually has crap on (Amazing Race re-runs? give me a break).

Their online schedule only goes up to Aug 20 right now.

I bet it will be the same deal (watch live online, tape delay on TV later)

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

What would it take for TSN to actually show one of these matches? They already have the feed all they need to do is bump some other program that no-one is watching to throw this on. On Tuesday there was actually dodgeball on at 8pm. 

TSN’s choice not to air it, and to instead show absolute filler content on a few of their channels, is laughable.  Not exactly extending an olive branch to footy fans in an era where a lot of content is moving online to platforms like OneSoccer.

2 hours ago, Stryker911 said:

I wonder if there's a dodgeball forum on the internet with people complaining there's too much soccer on TSN and not enough dodging?

2 hours ago, Obinna said:

I wonder if there's a dodgeball forum on the internet with people complaining there's too much soccer on TSN and not enough dodging?

On Wednesday TSN did happen to broadcast on TV the “Continental Cup” of Dodgeball from Mohawk College in Hamilton, but the next day they wouldn’t broadcast a soccer match with a team from the same city. LOL the local dodgeball scene has nothing to complain about this week unlike us

On 8/8/2019 at 7:12 PM, Stryker911 said:

If anyone is interested in a funny read, take a look at the controversies in the 2018-19 Honduran League which was won by Olimpia, Forge's next opponent. Should be alot of drama if Forge gives them a run. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018–19_Liga_Nacional_de_Honduras

Compared to what they will see in Honduras, what they experienced in Guatemala was very soft, in terms of fans and ambiance. Honduras will be nasty for the refs too.

They are going to have to be tough as nails at home and will have to hurt them when they can, because most probably Olimpia are a more talented, deeper team.

9 hours ago, Kent said:

What's the name of the establishment where the viewing party was in Forge's tweet in this article?

https://canpl.ca/article/canpl-reacts-to-forges-historic-concacaf-league-result

Just in case I'm able to come to another game in Hamilton, if that place is anywhere close to the stadium for pre-game, I'd check it out.

11 hours ago, Unnamed Trialist said:

Compared to what they will see in Honduras, what they experienced in Guatemala was very soft, in terms of fans and ambiance. Honduras will be nasty for the refs too.

They are going to have to be tough as nails at home and will have to hurt them when they can, because most probably Olimpia are a more talented, deeper team.

To be fair, Antigua played the match in Guatemala City - about an hour drive from their home stadium. 

I just ordered my supporters tickets for next Thursday's match, I think this has potential to be another great night of football in The Hammer! I expect the Honduran team to be very difficult to play against with probably many more fans than the Guatemalan side had, I just hope the club keeps the away supporters a good distance from the Battalion Section!

Edited by gator

5 minutes ago, Ansem said:

We just have to be the best 2 losers out of 4 to qualify to champions League.

Forge needs to win first but conceding as little as possible is key to advance even if we lose. 

I believe Forge can do it

That's in the next round though.  They have to completely get by Olympia first