Sign in to follow this  
jordan

Canadians abroad: July 26-August 1, 2019

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for July 26 -August 1, 2019.
  • If you find updates posted in some other thread then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.
  • If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.
  • Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

5 hours ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Scott Kennedy was not in the match day squad for SK Austria Klangefurt in their first match of the season. Wonder if there’s a injury 

TransferMarkt is listing him as injured. Doesn't specify what is wrong or when he is expected to be back.

24 minutes ago, SkuseisLoose said:

Larin starts for zulte waregem vs KV Mechelen

I like that he got the 9. Hopefully he plays well. He's not exactly my kind of player but if he can score goals who cares how he plays. 

Ireland

twardek went 90 in a 1-1 draw with Bohemians

Serbia

Borjan kept a clean sheet against Radniki Nis

Uruguay

Martin Amuz remained on the Danubio bench in a 2-0 loss to Penarol

On 7/26/2019 at 9:12 PM, Jith12 said:

TransferMarkt is listing him as injured. Doesn't specify what is wrong or when he is expected to be back.

Scott has a strained hamstring.  He's recovering well and he's being very disciplined about healing fully before coming back.  I expect he'll miss a couple more games.

14 minutes ago, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

No  - top of the diamond in an adventurous 442.  Not something I see much these days. 

I actually turned the game on out of interest. David seems to have quite a free role and he pops up in some interesting positions. He doesn’t seem afraid to collect the from deep, but he’s also in and about the penalty box a bunch. Regardless of where he gets it he’s always looking play the ball forward and attack

2 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I actually turned the game on out of interest. David seems to have quite a free role and he pops up in some interesting positions. He doesn’t seem afraid to collect the from deep, but he’s also in and about the penalty box a bunch. Regardless of where he gets it he’s always looking play the ball forward and attack

Yeah, he has begun or been the provider for a few chances.  Gent were on top for a fair bit but that midfield is liable to be overrun and it happened more as the half went on. 

4 minutes ago, Aird25 said:

I started watching the game 25 minutes in. Charleroi definitely defending deeper than Viitorul did so not as much opportunity for David to hit them on the counter. But it is a very interesting role for David. He's playing in the hole but he's not playing as a classic 10 -- he works the channels really hard and makes late runs.

Marcus Godinho comes on in the 88th minute as Zwickau draw Magdeburg 0-0. You can't be 100% sure with online line ups but it appears that Zwickau play  3-4-1-2, so it looks like he came on as a wing back.

Marca has a very detailed chronicle of the match Puebla played vs. Betis, winning 2-0, and praises Cavallini as the best player of the game

https://www.marca.com/futbol/betis/2019/07/28/5d3df80ae2704e67058b4575.html

He started, played all or almost all (doesn't say, but he got a very late yellow), played a pass for their third which the other Puebla player blew, says Marca, after describing Betis trying to come back after going down:

"Eso sí, sufriendo en las veloces contras de los mexicanos, con un gran Cavallini, el mejor del partido."

"All the while struggling with the Mexican's fast counter attacks, with a great Cavallini, the best player of the match"

Germany:

3. Liga:

Straith played 90 in a 1-0 loss at Hallescher FC. 

Regionalliga:

Boakye played 75 minutes for Köln 2 as they beat Fortuna in the derby (0-1). 

Froese played the last 12 minutes for Saarbrücken which won at Pirmasens (1-3). 

On 7/28/2019 at 12:25 PM, WestHamCanadianinOxford said:

No  - top of the diamond in an adventurous 442.  Not something I see much these days. 

Niiiceee the FIFA ultimate team 2013 division 1 throwback formation.

4-1-2-1-2 was almost unstoppable!!!