Sign in to follow this  
Lofty

Match Thread: July 27, 2019 - Valour vs. Cavalry Giant Killers

Valour (anticipated) team news:

I suspect that Musse and Petrasso will not yet be back from injury and that Paolucci is not yet match fit, which leaves Valour with only two recognized strikers: Attardo and Ferguson.

Edit: Janssens still injured too.

Mitter should return to central defence after being unexpectedly unavailable at Forge last weekend.

Edited by Lofty

I hope that Galey is going to find a way to get past his tinkerman line ups but it is a hard habit to kick.

Still, here is a wild guess at what we might see for Valour.

I'm thinking 4-2-3-1 because it should give good protection against the counter attack, which is Cavalry's bread and butter.

Goal: Farago. We will be defending some serious crosses.

Defence (R-L): Murrell, Thomas, Mitter, Arguiñarena. This back four is the closest thing we have to a settled team.

Holding Mid: Galán, Beland-Goyette (my preference for Captain). Time to see what the new Spaniard can do over 90 mins. Also Ohin had a bit of a stinker against Forge.

Attacking Mid:  Sacramento, Carriero, Bustos. Gutierrez may still be feeling the effects of heat exhaustion against Forge last weekend so he might be on the bench as the forecast is hot.

Forward: Attardo.

Somebody other than Attardo needs to start stepping up with some goals. Not sure who but I'd be giving Sacramento a run.

Edited by Lofty

18 minutes ago, Winnipeg Fury said:

I hope everyone at IG Field gives Cavalry a huge round of applause when they enter.

A "CPL" chant would be a good tribute. 😉

And "MLS who are ya?" 😁

Edited by Lofty

9 hours ago, Lofty said:

Valour (anticipated) team news:

I suspect that Musse and Petrasso will not yet be back from injury and that Paolucci is not yet match fit, which leaves Valour with only two recognized strikers: Attardo and Ferguson.

Mitter should return to central defence after being unexpectedly unavailable at Forge last weekend.

Are they traveling back in time to play this game? 😀

5 hours ago, narduch said:

Are they traveling back in time to play this game? 😀

WOW, come to winnipeg to see the time travelling Valour.  In the starting 11, the ageless wonder Tyler Attardo, coming back to WPG from a long stint in the EPL, and young academy star Alphonso Davies Jr ready to turn pro at age 14.  Match sponsor Biffco enterprises.

In his pre-match Galey explains why Attardo didn't start against Forge: apparently he took a bit of a battering against FCE the previous Wed. Makes sense. And Paolucci was not match fit. Which left Valour with one healthy striker: Ferguson.

I think this illustrates the importance of building a squad with adequate back up in all positions.

On 7/25/2019 at 11:06 PM, Lofty said:

I hope that Galey is going to find a way to get past his tinkerman line ups but it is a hard habit to kick.

Still, here is a wild guess at what we might see for Valour.

I'm thinking 4-2-3-1 because it should give good protection against the counter attack, which is Cavalry's bread and butter.

Goal: Farago. We will be defending some serious crosses.

Defence (R-L): Murrell, Thomas, Mitter, Arguiñarena. This back four is the closest thing we have to a settled team.

Holding Mid: Galán, Beland-Goyette (my preference for Captain). Time to see what the new Spaniard can do over 90 mins. Also Ohin had a bit of a stinker against Forge.

Attacking Mid:  Sacramento, Carriero, Bustos. Gutierrez may still be feeling the effects of heat exhaustion against Forge last weekend so he might be on the bench as the forecast is hot.

Forward: Attardo.

Somebody other than Attardo needs to start stepping up with some goals. Not sure who but I'd be giving Sacramento a run.

I'm not sure about alignment, but you got 10 out of the 11 players correct.

Looked like he was well offside, but Minatel finishes while Bustos and Sacramento miss equally good chances. I hate watching this team sometimes. They just don't have the talent the other teams do.

Valour was playing better but minatel gets a chance and its 1-0 right before the break..looked like mitter didnt take him once he went inside then got a through ball and was alone