Match Thread: July 24, 2019 - Vancouver Whitecaps v Cavalry FC - 3rd Round, 2nd Leg

5 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

Time to put you on ignore, if you lack the social skills to debate something without becoming personally abusive.

Well you clearly don’t have logic.  The Whitecaps have also brought in two Brazilians and Spaniards (who haven’t been nearly as effective as Canadians).  By your logic VWFC shouldn’t sign Spaniards or Brazilians either?  Or is it purely against Canadians?

10 hours ago, Ansem said:

I dont mention them because there's no way they beat TFC 

Did you learn nothing from Cavalry? TFC is heavily favoured, and will likely win, but anything is possible.

Anti-USL bias? 😉

13 minutes ago, RS said:

Did you learn nothing from Cavalry? TFC is heavily favoured, and will likely win, but anything is possible.

Anti-USL bias? 😉

At least I'm man enough to admit it. I don't care about USL and I doubt I'll be watching the game

8 minutes ago, narduch said:

Who knows.  If Altidore gets injured and Vanney rests Pozuelo I think Fury have an outside chance. 

If TFC plays all 3 DPs they win handily 

I would have agreed if they dispatched Halifax more decisively

5 minutes ago, Ansem said:

I would have agreed if they dispatched Halifax more decisively

I agree too but I do think Fury would have an outside chance against last Saturday's TFC line up. I just don't think TFC will play a line up that weak. 

Who knows though maybe TFC will throw the Cup in order to focus on battling for the last playoff spot

Edited by narduch

10 hours ago, CanadaFan123 said:

Well you clearly don’t have logic.  The Whitecaps have also brought in two Brazilians and Spaniards (who haven’t been nearly as effective as Canadians).  By your logic VWFC shouldn’t sign Spaniards or Brazilians either?  Or is it purely against Canadians?

Do not engage. He's just backtracking and pretending he meant something else even though we know otherwise.

Edited by Macksam

I hope this isnt the straw that break Dos Santos back.   I do think he does deserve credit for the CANCON on whitecaps this year.  Crepeau has been great, but no one wanted him last year.  It took some big cajones to make him the starter.  It doesnt exactly make the roster CDN heavy, but hey if you have a narrative to push...fill your boots!!  

If whitecaps put up with Robinson for all those years, and TFC is suffering Vanney, I would hope they let MDS have at least 2 years to make the changes he wants.  Lets at least give the CDN coach the same leash we would give a foreigner.   

2 hours ago, Ansem said:

Their youth development has been all about extending brand recognition and selling merch.  "Our All.  Our Honour...Your Money."  They ride the Davies outlier but con the rubes.  The sales pitch for their academy system will probably pivot to featuring all their former players featuring/starring in CPL sides as opposed to becoming senior level Whitecaps.  Such is the reactive nature of this front office.