Match Thread: July 24, 2019 - Vancouver Whitecaps v Cavalry FC - 3rd Round, 2nd Leg

2 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The experiment of building a heavily Canadian roster so rapidly from one season to the next will be something that won't be repeated at MLS level for a while if he exits stage right at this point. A big name DP signing and high profile coaching hire are the probable next steps to hit the reset button. 

Huh? This doesn't make any sense. Whitecaps only dressed 3 Canadians in their starting 11 tonight. 

I don't understand why you bother posting on a forum for Canadian soccer supporters  with your anti Canadian player stance. 

4 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

The experiment of building a heavily Canadian roster so rapidly from one season to the next will be something that won't be repeated at MLS level for a while if he exits stage right at this point. A big name DP signing and high profile coaching hire are the probable next steps to hit the reset button. 

I would’ve though Dos Santos would’ve learned from TFC’s early years with a heavy Canadian roster not helping in MLS play.  I do want more Canadians playing for rhe Caps senior squad but right now they have bigger issues to deal with and fix.

4 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

The Impact and Whitecaps are kinda in the same boat with cheap ownership, except Saputo isn’t crazy to let his club sink so badly.  I think TFC will offer a better test than the worsr team in MLS, because they made alot of good signings. Guess we’ll see how the best team in CPL does against the “best” Canadian MLS team

Piatti is the wild card though. If he is healthy they should advance

Edited by narduch

39 minutes ago, narduch said:

His body language is terrible. Have to think his days are numbered 

While Wheeldon was chilling in his chair, leg crossed, watching the game like he was in his living room.

Stark contrast. He will be get an offer from other leagues sooner rather than later

37 minutes ago, RS said:

Not at all. I just thought it was funny that you failed to mention Ottawa at all.

They struggled against Halifax who were missing key players and have been plagued with injuries most of the season, still...Ottawa narrowly wins.

I dont mention them because there's no way they beat TFC 

2 hours ago, nolbertos said:

As a Caps fan, I was cheering for Calgary, because this ownership group won’t act unless they face utter humiliation and now they have by losing to a CPL side.  Things will stay the same unless a new owner takes fhe reins for rhe Caps, hopefully after seeing ticket sales plummet this season, they either put more effort in bringing quality DP’s or sell and buy a CanPL club to there hearts content.

This isnt a bad thought tbh. Between the Caps and the impact they haven't invested 100M in their teams, and the going rate to sell a MLS franchise is around there.  

Make a profit, join the CPL and they both could go back to being respectable clubs. 

6 hours ago, narduch said:

Huh? This doesn't make any sense. Whitecaps only dressed 3 Canadians in their starting 11 tonight. 

I don't understand why you bother posting on a forum for Canadian soccer supporters  with your anti Canadian player stance. 

Yes, I just rolled my eyes at the heavy Canadian rosters comment. Like seriously, it's not even trolling anymore. I didn't take that bait and of course Nolbertos agreed with him. It's like these retarded boomers have no self awareness. 

Edit: Not all boomers of course.

Edited by Macksam

7 hours ago, nolbertos said:

I would’ve though Dos Santos would’ve learned from TFC’s early years with a heavy Canadian roster not helping in MLS play.  I do want more Canadians playing for rhe Caps senior squad but right now they have bigger issues to deal with and fix.

You're such an amazing fan of Canadian soccer! 

Wow!! 🙄

Bringing in Cornelius plus signing a few homegrowns constitutes Dos Santos building a heavy Canadian roster? 

So the Impact and TFC also built heavy Canadian rosters then by doing the exact same thing through signing a few homegrowns and bringing in Brault-Guillard and Shaffelburg respectively?

Either this is a staggering level of stupidity displayed by these two or they are both so ass blasted by being criticized on here that all they have left to do is bait people into more dumb arguments.

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

This makes zero sense.  Who did he bring in?  Cornelius and Crepeau? That is “heavily Canadian”?

Creapeau has been their best player this season and no complaints about Cornelius. 

Take off the tinhoil hat for once and use facts and logic.  Vancouver was just dumped by a heavily Canadian side.  If anything I think MDS erred in only using 3 Canadians, he should have used more.

In terms of Canadians played Vancouver is actually the least Canadian team with only 6 (?) Canadians featuring this season.  MTL and TFC both feature more almost weekly.

Edited by CanadaFan123

1 hour ago, CanadaFan123 said:

This makes zero sense.  Who did he bring in?  Cornelius and Crepeau? That is “heavily Canadian”?

Creapeau has been their best player this season and no complaints about Cornelius. 

Take off the tinhoil hat for once and use facts and logic.  Vancouver was just dumped by a heavily Canadian side.  If anything I think MDS erred in only using 3 Canadians, he should have used more.

In terms of Canadians played Vancouver is actually the least Canadian team with only 6 (?) Canadians featuring this season.  MTL and TFC both feature more almost weekly.

What on earth does that have to do with what I wrote? Do you really not understand the difference in meaning between a roster and a starting XI? I wanted Marc Dos Santos to succeed, liked the fact he was placing more emphasis on Canadian players in building his roster than most coaches would in his position and hoped it would all work for him like it did with Swope Park Rangers and the San Francisco Deltas and still hope he is given longer to turn it around, but I suspect he'll be gone soon because the Whitecaps clearly need to do something to excite their fanbase again and that means they will probably have an Aaron Winter type appointment in their not so distant future. 

Edited by Ozzie_the_parrot

5 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

What on earth does that have to do with what I wrote? Do you really not understand the difference in meaning between a roster and a starting XI? I wanted Marc Dos Santos to succeed, liked the fact he was placing more emphasis on Canadian players in building his roster than most coaches would in his position and hoped it would all work for him like it did with Swope Park Rangers and the San Francisco Deltas and still hope he is given longer to turn it around, but I suspect he'll be gone soon because the Whitecaps clearly need to do something to excite their fanbase again and that means they will probably have an Aaron Winter type appointment in their not so distant future. 

You are very fake news my friend.  He did not place an emphasis on Canadians and the ones he did pick up were great pick ups.  If I’m wrong please tell us all who he picked up instead of ranting.  

Come to reality with the rest of us, I promise it’s not that bad. 

1 minute ago, CanadaFan123 said:

...He did not place an emphasis on Canadians and the ones he did pick up were great pick ups.  If I’m wrong please tell us all who he picked up instead of ranting...

If he goes I seriously doubt the next guy they bring in would sign players like Crepeau and Cornelius under the same sort of circumstances. At no point did I make any comment that suggested those were not great pick ups. You are not responding to what I am actually writing.

4 minutes ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

If he goes I seriously doubt the next guy they bring in would sign players like Crepeau and Cornelius under the same sort of circumstances. At no point did I make any comment that suggested those were not great pick ups. You are not responding to what I am actually writing.

The next manager wouldn’t sign another player who would end up being their best player?  You sir are a moron.