Match Thread: July 24, 2019 - Vancouver Whitecaps v Cavalry FC - 3rd Round, 2nd Leg

As a Caps fan, I was cheering for Calgary, because this ownership group won’t act unless they face utter humiliation and now they have by losing to a CPL side.  Things will stay the same unless a new owner takes fhe reins for rhe Caps, hopefully after seeing ticket sales plummet this season, they either put more effort in bringing quality DP’s or sell and buy a CanPL club to there hearts content.

5 minutes ago, nolbertos said:

As a Caps fan, I was cheering for Calgary, because this ownership group won’t act unless they face utter humiliation and now they have by losing to a CPL side.  Things will stay the same unless a new owner takes fhe reins for rhe Caps, hopefully after seeing ticket sales plummet this season, they either put more effort in bringing quality DP’s or sell and buy a CanPL club to there hearts content.

Agreed. I've been an Impact fan for a long time but Vancouver should be better and management is accountable for this. I hope they haven't long term leases on the perks from the Davies transfer.

Just now, Big_M said:

20 points in 23 games and now out of the cup..dos santos should be gone after this one

The experiment of building a heavily Canadian roster so rapidly from one season to the next will be something that won't be repeated at MLS level for a while if he exits stage right at this point. A big name DP signing and high profile coaching hire are the probable next steps to hit the reset button. 

1 minute ago, narduch said:

Considering how Impact played against York9, Cavalry should have a chance in the next round.  

The Impact and Whitecaps are kinda in the same boat with cheap ownership, except Saputo isn’t crazy to let his club sink so badly.  I think TFC will offer a better test than the worsr team in MLS, because they made alot of good signings. Guess we’ll see how the best team in CPL does against the “best” Canadian MLS team