Match Thread: July 24, 2019 - Montreal Impact v York9 - 3rd Round, 2nd Leg

The lack of being able to pause, or to delay start playing the game means I'll almost definitely miss the start of the game, but hopefully I can be in front of a screen with a beer in my hand around 8pm. Really looking forward to this game. Just as Ingham says above, I just hope we put up a fight. Advancing would be a glorious bonus.

It's a shame the Wanderers vs Fury game is on at the same time. I'd like to watch all three games that are going on tonight.

I thought I had heard at one point that if the 2nd leg ends with an aggregate tie, with away goals tied as well, that it goes straight to penalties (so no extra time). But I'm not able to find confirmation of that at the moment. Does anybody know if this is true or not?

Edit: I found this https://the11.ca/three-canpl-sides-get-first-round-byes-in-new-canadian-championship-format/

"All of the ties will be done over two legs, with the away-goals rule. If the score is tied over the second leg, there will be no extra time — just like the CONCACAF Champions League. Teams will now go directly to kicks."

Thank you Mr. Sandor.

Edited by Kent