Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021

• 4 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Canadamnt said:

Borges has been sold from Forge to a second division team in Belgium. Does anyone know if he is still available for and will play at the olympic qualifiers for Canada?

I expect him to be picked if available, but his availability depends on his club. Someone else may know better than me, but as far as I know second division clubs are typically not required to release players during the international window. That said, they could always do us a solid and allow him to participate. Their willingness to do so may depend on the second division title race. Right now they are tied for first on points, but sit 3rd on goal difference. They automatically promote if they finish top, because they won the first half of the season. The Belgian second flight is kind of like the CPL, 8 teams playing a split season.

37 minutes ago, Obinna said:

I expect him to be picked if available, but his availability depends on his club. Someone else may know better than me, but as far as I know second division clubs are typically not required to release players during the international window.

Lower division leagues typically do not break for international windows, but they are still required to release players for them.

Roster probably won't be released till Concacaf releases the squads. Reality is there are sooo many variables going on for this roster. With the men's team yet to announce their friendlies (if any) the strength of this team is dependent on who's available. 

Also the fact that the there are so many players who could possibly be called for the senior team - especially depending on how they start/continue their respective seasons. Tabla, Millar, Brym, Bair, Bassong, ZBG, Godinho, Shaffelburg, Miller, Borges and Cornelius are all U23 eligible, and have all played for Herdman. These guys could all potentially sneak in (Brym, Millar) or out (Miller, Cornelius) of the senior team. So it's literally based on "what's left" - Mauro Biello. 

48 minutes ago, Shway said:

Based on the Iceland friendly, we absolutely need those guys in this team. The rest of the U23 guys I think should be in the Olympic team. 

Based on the Iceland friendly (and the Haiti Gold Cup match) we aren't worthy of the Hex. Move on ... play our best 11 in the Olympic Qualifiiers, and qualify for Qatar through the alternate methodology.

14 minutes ago, nfitz said:

Based on the Iceland friendly (and the Haiti Gold Cup match) we aren't worthy of the Hex. Move on ... play our best 11 in the Olympic Qualifiiers, and qualify for Qatar through the alternate methodology.

We’re not worthy of the Hex? Your right, we shouldn’t try. We’re also not worthy of the WC so why bother with that at all, tell CONCACAF we don’t want to participate in the playoff tournament. Let’s focus on only things we believe are tangible and achievable, let’s never strive for better.

On 2/14/2020 at 4:30 PM, BuzzAndSting said:

We’re not worthy of the Hex? Your right, we shouldn’t try. 

We did try - and we failed. Don't put words in my mouth.

There's no point in screwing up our best Olympic chance in a generation, in a long-shot to the Hex, that requires other teams to lose, and us to win.

Besides - we might have a better chance of qualifying to 2022 by not being in the Hex. Finishing 5th and 6th in the Hex doesn't get us to 2022 - and finishing 4th is no better than qualifying outside the Hex.

• 2 weeks later...

https://mcusercontent.com/78d3589fb61466b549ff752e5/files/92e7a32f-796e-42b9-af2b-f0d7166d4246/20_MOQ_Rosters_Provisional_Lists.pdf

Here's the list... interesting to see Cornelius, ZBG, Godinho, Fraser, Millar, Miller.

Another surprise, to me at least, is seeing Legault there.  I hope he can land somewhere else in CPL.

Most interesting is that there is a player named Frank Sturing.. appears to be a former Dutch youth international who plays for NEC in the 2nd division.  

There is no doubt that we will have a talented squad from this group of players.

Edited by CanadaFan123

GK- Sebastian Breza | ITA / SSD Potenza Calcio
GK- Thomas Hasal | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
GK- Matthew Nogueira | POR / CS Maritimo
GK- James Pantemis | CAN / Impact de Montréal
GK- Dayne St. Clair | USA / Minnesota United FC
CB- Robert Boskovic | CAN / Toronto FC II
CB- Derek Cornelius | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
CB- Julian Dunn | CAN / Toronto FC
CB- Yohan Le Bourhis | CAN / Winnipeg Valour FC
CB- Thomas Meilleur-Giguère | CAN / Pacific FC
CB- Kamal Miller | USA / Orlando City SC
CB- Callum Montgomery | USA / FC Dallas
CB- Antonio Rocco Romeo | CAN / Toronto FC
CB- Frank Sturing | NED / NEC Nijmegen
CB- Karifa Yao | CAN / Impact de Montréal
FB- Diyaeddine Abzi | CAN / York9 FC
FB- Zorhan Bassong | BEL / Cercle Brugge KSV
FB- Gabriel Boakye | GER / FC Köln II
FB- Zachary Brault-Guillard | CAN / Impact de Montréal
FB- Kadin Chung | CAN / Pacific FC
FB- Marcus Godinho | GER / FSV Zwickau
FB- Daniel Kinumbe | CAN / Halifax Wanderers FC
FB- Émile Legault | Unattached
FB- Terique Mohammed | CAN / Toronto FC II
M- Clément Bayiha | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Tristan Borges | BEL / Oud-Heverlee Leuven
M- Mathieu Choinière | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Aidan Daniels | USA / Colorado Switchbacks FC
M- Liam Fraser | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Patrick Metcalfe | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M- David Norman | USA / Inter Miami CF
M- Noble Okello | CAN / Toronto FC
M- Harrison Paton | SCO / Ross County FC
M- Ryan Raposo | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
M- Shamit Shome | CAN / Impact de Montréal
M- Noah Verhoeven | CAN / Pacific FC
F- Theo Bair | CAN / Vancouver Whitecaps FC
F- Charles-Andreas Brym | FRA / Lille OSC B
F- Tajon Buchanan | USA / New England Revolution
F- Terran Campbell | CAN / Pacific FC
F- Malik Johnson | USA / Tampa Bay Rowdies
F- Aramis Kouzine | Unattached
F- Liam Millar | ENG / Liverpool FC
F- Jayden Nelson | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Easton Ongaro | CAN / FC Edmonton
F- Jordan Perruzza | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Jacob Shaffelburg | CAN / Toronto FC
F- Ballou Jean-Yves Tabla | CAN / Impact de Montréal
F- Kris Twardek | IRL / Bohemian FC
F- Dario Zanatta | SCO / Partick Thistle FC

• Olympique_de_Marseille changed the title to Olympic Qualifying U24 Tournament - Guadalajara Mexico - March 18 to 30 2021